Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mgl13 game 6: Pengo [FINISHED]

KNIGHT76 casts a Popcorn spell on players of the MGL with

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/jammasized/pengo-tourn.jpg

ROM NAME: PENGO.ZIP (set 1 rev c)

DIP SWITCHES:

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/jammasized/pengo-dips.gif

Pengo Description

You are a penguin in a maze of ice-blocks. Slide the blocks to squash the Sno-Bees chasing you or electrocute them by trapping them along a wall. Score 10,000 points for aligning three special diamond blocks. Bonus points are awarded for finishing a level quickly.

To qualify for MGL points you will need to post in this thread, stating your score in the subject line of your message, and include a screenshot. Submit as many score updates as you like, but please post a new message for each new score.

PENGO comp closes 7pm Sunday July 31st.

GOOD LUCK!

LEADERBOARD:

OOO: 261,920

Big Giant Head: 193,340

Brad: 126,900

Jamma: 119,220

Foot: 101,520

ED_209: 86,720

Spartan: 85,950

Pelly: 81,220

DKong : 79,260

kane: 73,790

John73: 69,990

Rat: 50,630

wingtipvortex: 43,030

azathoth: 26,310

@lien_Zed: 1,690

Edited by Jed

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

0002.png.52563a49051f2e1a7b0ea824253bd8a2.png

That's my effort for the first night of this game.

5000 bonus for finishing a level in 19 seconds or less... i'd like to see that :laugh:

For those interested:

MGL Record:

Pengo Amy 105,500

Mame Record on TG:

1 650,290 Exequiel Apr 17 2008

Arcade:

1 1,110,370 Rodney Aug 13 1983

:o

5000 bonus for finishing a level in 19 seconds or less... i'd like to see that :laugh:

I'd wager within two weeks of play more than a few players will have pulled off less than 19s level... You need an easy initial screen setup with the diamond blocks nice and close together, so you can line them up quickly and stop the timer. Haven't played this for a while but if memory serves me once you line up the diamond blocks/get the bonus then the level finishes :unsure

I'd wager within two weeks of play more than a few players will have pulled off less than 19s level... You need an easy initial screen setup with the diamond blocks nice and close together, so you can line them up quickly and stop the timer. Haven't played this for a while but if memory serves me once you line up the diamond blocks/get the bonus then the level finishes :unsure

Level keeps going after diamonds are lined up, but the enemies flatten out. So if your quick, you can squash them and finish level.

Ooh I'll have to have a crack at this, love Pengo. My PB of current times is around 87,000 (can't remember what is was BITD). The first few stages are pretty easy to get 19 seconds or under as there aren't too many sno bees to sort out. Best I've managed is 12 seconds. Later in the game - forget it!

Just have to figure out the screenshot bizzo and I'll be set!:lol

Ooh I'll have to have a crack at this, love Pengo. My PB of current times is around 87,000 (can't remember what is was BITD). The first few stages are pretty easy to get 19 seconds or under as there aren't too many sno bees to sort out. Best I've managed is 12 seconds. Later in the game - forget it!

After suggesting it couldn't be done, I got 15 seconds on the first screen this morning. Got all but one of the bee's straight away and the last one ran away :laugh:

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Leaderboard updated John73 slides to the front.

:026: :026: :026:

Let me celebrate, I don't think I'll be No. 1 for long :P

That indeed is a Big Giant Head you have :D

If using mame just hit F12, or you can just take a pic with phone etc.

That indeed is a Big Giant Head you have :D

If using mame just hit F12, or you can just take a pic with phone etc.

Sweet, will have the keyboard sitting on standby near the cab to snap a pic.

And yes, my head is quite big and giant!:lol

Another slight improvement. Thought I was going to go for ages, plenty of nice easy diamond placements. Then lost 3 lives on act 6 :cry:

0005.png.a9b01fd49ab3f0ba97a17036db96c0bf.png

The guy who wrote the collision detection for this must have copied to code from Pac Man. I walked right through a Sno Bee when I was cornered by 2 of them :lol

That it from me probably for today, need to get back to work :(

First official submission - excuse the pic quality, I was all excited with my score:lol

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/Scotto1971/4100afe0.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/Scotto1971/952261d1.jpg

Is that sufficient to register my score?

Put the in game screenshot there to prove it's Pengo:lol.

Edited by Big Giant Head

First official submission - excuse the pic quality, I was all excited with my score:lol

Yep that's sufficient, only thing to be sure of is the dip switch settings listed at the top of the thread.

Great score btw, took the MGL record with your first post :cool:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/Scotto1971/4100afe0.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/Scotto1971/952261d1.jpg

Great score!!

RE: the second pic and second score how does one get 81750 on Act 1 :o

Great score!!RE: the second pic and second score how does one get 81750 on Act 1 :o
From what I know of Pengo, that kind of score on level 1 isn't remotely possible due to 1. The limited number of sno-bees and 2. You can only do the blocks once.Maybe BGH can elaborate on that score.

From what I know of Pengo, that kind of score on level 1 isn't remotely possible due to 1. The limited number of sno-bees and 2. You can only do the blocks once.Maybe BGH can elaborate on that score.

Second thoughts maybe its a 48-1 board they do some funky stuff with the hiscore save:)