Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL13 Game 3: JUNGLE KING [FINISHED]

Jammasized welcomes you to the jungle, can you become the

http://i51.tinypic.com/of12cj.jpg

Jungle King Description

The player controls a Tarzan-like jungle man who must swing across vines in the forest, swim through a crocodile-infested river, jump and duck rocks while climbing a hill and rescue his woman from a pair of barbaric cannibals.

For more info visit: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8258

ROM AND DIP SWITCHES:

Rom: junglek.zip (Japan)

Dips:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2cdixz4.gif

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the subject line of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score.

Jungle King comp closes 7pm Sunday July 10th.

GOOD LUCK!

LEADERBOARD:

Spartan: 48,000

Pelly: 41,700

Jammasized: 41,600

ED_209: 40,150

Spartan: 31,500

Foot: 28,900

shabu: 27,800

Kane: 20,800

wingtipvortex: 20,150

Dkong: 19,850

Rat: 18,400

John73: 17,250

knight76: 14700

Fire_Power: 14,650

Brad: 14,500

Mikie: 11,700

SectionZ: 6,000

dezbaz: 1600

@lien_Zed: 1300

Edited by Jed

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of my nominations for a change, not that I'm great at it, but always enjoyed playing it in the arcades as it gave pretty good value for money once you learned the levels and how they change as you go through.

It's a nice quick game too, reasonably quick to finish each stage/rescue the girl - no powerups, just side scrolling adventuring through the jungle, avoiding / killing things. I hope people enjoy it :)

Game No 3 from 3 that I've never heard of before :D

This is one of my first attempts. I thought I was through all the levels and had saved the girl - but apparently not because as I took a drink a native killed me :D

Will try again tomorrow when my eyes aren't hanging out of my head.

0000.png.2f3448fce80d4d9d4f53bf3558c0c36f.png

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/knight76/Misc%20Stuff/junglek.png

Just can't work out that end bit with the girl. I assume i am meant to jump in to her. But it seems you start out in the wrong synch straight away.

Amazing! Been wondering about this game for years... I have a distinct memory of playing this back in the mid to late 80's at the Royal Melbourne Show. I remember they had a tent there full of arcade machine

7,200 on my first go! Will have a fair dinkum crack later :P

That is Jungle Hunt (US) but essentially the same game I believe.

I'm not sure about the gameplay or difficulty, but there are some graphical differences, Jungle Hunt has a dude in a jungle helmet and safari suit (pith helmet?) where Jungle King has a tarzan-like dude - definitely the cooler version for that sake. Who wants to swing through the jungle looking like a sweaty pom on a Jungle Safari package tour ?

There's also some differences in the sampled sounds and colours used in the levels, if I recall right.

Two attemps and both times I got 9,600 :-/ I can finally get past the end of the level and save the girl, but then the bloody monkey on the rope gets me on cycle 2 :-/

800,000 is insane!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25535[/ATTACH]

I'm not sure about the gameplay or difficulty, but there are some graphical differences, Jungle Hunt has a dude in a jungle helmet and safari suit (pith helmet?) where Jungle King has a tarzan-like dude - definitely the cooler version for that sake. Who wants to swing through the jungle looking like a sweaty pom on a Jungle Safari package tour ?

There's also some differences in the sampled sounds and colours used in the levels, if I recall right.

Yeah, gameplay wise I mean. Just putting up the TG high score for the game. I can't see me getting near that lol and the safari version looks crap, was that version introduced after they got sued for infringing the tarzan copyright?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/knight76/Misc%20Stuff/jung0000.png

• Administrators

The game was changed to the hunter and pith helmet as the company who owned the Tarzan copyright sued for the "use" of the tarzan image and call in the orginal.

I played this a little back in the day. From memory I played more of it on the C64 than anything else....classic game though

Brad

No one willing to post a big opening score? or not one capable of a big score? :D

Had another 10 or so games today, keep wiping out in the water on level 2 or losing silly lives to the stupid monkeys in the vines :realmad: