Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Creature from the black lagoon

hey guys i just picked up a project creature from the black lagoon,

anyway just wondering if anyone knows the part number for the plastic piece on the door of the backbox that goes between each of the c r e a t u r e lights on the backglass.

heaps of other stuff to be fixed but i just cant seem to find anything about this part.

hey guys i just picked up a project creature from the black lagoon,

anyway just wondering if anyone knows the part number for the plastic piece on the door of the backbox that goes between each of the c r e a t u r e lights on the backglass.

heaps of other stuff to be fixed but i just cant seem to find anything about this part.

Just use directional leds instead

DR

i'll consider it i was thinking maby i'll just make it out of cardbord...

also looking for one of the #86 bulb sockets on the 90 degreese angle for the whirlpool as one is missing.

I cant seem to find it on any sites i normaly get parts from (pspa, mad, bay area, planatary) apparantly the same sockets are used in the clock for twilight zone. so if anyone has a spare one or knows where i can get one it would be much appreciated.

• 3 months later...

ok getting very close to finishing this project it should be playable tomorrow. i'll post up the before and after pics at some stage, just got 1 niggely little problem im not sure how to solve.

basicly the top third of the playfield gi is very very dim like you can hardly tell its on (under the rollovers etc) also same deal with a section of the backbox gi as well, i assumed it would be a fuse but they all seem fine so not quite sure where to go with this one anyone have some ideas?

thanks

• 9 months later...

Well like 9 months later its finally playable turned out to be the left sling that was blowing the fuse. Also the gi was because the place i got the fuses from gave me 0.5 amp fuses not 5 amp and obveasly they kept blowing.

So far ive replaced the whole plastics set all the ramps exept the small one and wireforms replaced the flipper board fixed the hologram board rebuilt flippers and pop bumpers new rubber set full playfield strip down and clean replaced the ball shooter...

All i have left to do now is 3 ramp switches to put in so the left ramps and wirlpool work and new solenoid for left sling. And get the lights on the front of the curley ramp working

Unfortunately i cant post any before pics as they were on my old phone that i just happened to destroy by having it in my pocket when i went swimming last summer. But when its done i will upload finished pics... It really sux as there was some really bad home repairs ie hot glue fixed ramp covered in cloth tape. There was a cork instead of rubbers being replaced in the bumpers also hot glue all over playfield under ramp. Plastics cloth taped together a layer of almost grease like substance all over playfield

its such a shame how some people do such dodgy fixes on pins like the ones you mentioned, some people just have no idea. good to hear its close to finished though :) cant wait to see it, im still looking forward to adding this game to my collection, will be a great day :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey thought id upload some picks they probley arent the best quality as i took them with my phone but this is the game in its current state

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a264/TorryRocks/6754d9a4.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a264/TorryRocks/0a47d082.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a264/TorryRocks/4f87beb0.jpg

Interestinly enough this is the very same creature from the black lagoon machine i use to play as a kid they had it at a golf and country club called murry downs i bort it off the guy who bort it off them. He is a manager there. He sold it to me for the same price he payed for it when he bort it in the late 90's which was $700 ive put about $750 worth of parts in it but it plays great now