Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mgl 13 - nominations thread

screen shots of game in mame, what button do we press to save it or will a photo with a digital camera suffice?

Either or will do I believe. F12 does it in mame, I find this quick and easy and it makes a nice small file (under 20k), no need to resize files like with a camera :cool:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

screen shots of game in mame, what button do we press to save it or will a photo with a digital camera suffice?

when you hit F12 Dez, as already stated, the image goes into "SNAP" folder in MAME

I'm going out for a bike ride in the sun...........then home for a shower and a coffee........I will be ready to start playing about 4pm.....I hope the game(s) posted by then :)

I'm going out for a bike ride in the sun...........then home for a shower and a coffee........I will be ready to start playing about 4pm.....I hope the game(s) posted by then :)

Sun? whats that, it's been pouring down most of this morning.

Awaiting the 1st game of MGL13.

I'm going to do some warm up Bump 'n Jump this afternoon for the comp tonight - get the fingers working on the keyboard :) . Got Wolfmame 106 going, so will hopefully record a decent score and submit it to TG. My best is around 624,000, I think the high score is getable, just watch a replay of the guy who got this - he plays a bit different to me so I might try some of his techniques.

For me it's a real pain to get files off of my cabinet, so I find it easier to grab the camera.

This was looking like a problem for me too as I have a dedicated cab with limited buttons. To get around it I took the following steps;

In Mame you can change the snapshot key to be something other than F12. I used shift and 2P start. This is done by going into the Mame menu / input general / user interface / save snap shot and redefining to the key(s) you want. Then in mame.ini I changed the snap directory to point to usb drive that conveniently hangs out under the cab.

Not as elegant as wireless, but functional.

Mini-meet for me since friday night, now sunday afternoon and i'm feeling extremely 2nd hand... had a blast though :) now need to get back home and eat something more than chips and beer :) will try and post the game a little earlier if possible seeing as it's the first one :)

I'm ready now :)

Me too :D

Got 618K on BnJ. Went to check the file for submission to TG and the recording didn't work for some reason :cry Can't get a decent game going now, getting ready to chuck my laptop across the room unless I get a new game to play :lol

Ready to go too :) Looks like it will be a race between a couple of us to post the first score and set the pace :D

Had one more game of BnJ - got 565,564. 50K Short of my failed recording, but it will do. Uploading to TG now (if it ever works for me) and I'll be officially No 3 on their list :)

MGL13 Game 1 has been posted. Interesting game to kick things off on too..

where has it been posted??? i must have missed something here cos its not listed at the start of the thread of ,if i click new posts theres nuffin there either:(