Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Video cameras and Projectors - help please

Guys,

I have a concept that I would like to do and I have never used this equipment before and so I would like to know if it is easily achieveable

Concept 1:

Overhead videocamera linking directly to a projector on a big screen

Sounds simple but is it easily done? are their possibly difficulties depending on type/hardware etc?

Concept 2:

the same as above but being able to overlay text onto the screen. Eg lets say the camera is recording a chess game and I want an image overlaid with the names of the players.

Is this hard to do?

Sorry about being a dumbarse on this, I have never owned either type of hardware but I have a concept I think would be good for an event I am helping to run in the near future.

i remember some years ago there was a "magic box" thing you could buy for video dubbing

you could mix in 2 video players to a single player and it had all sorts of fancy stuff and would do what you want

how ever, i cant for the life of me remember what its called, but if u can find one it will do the trick

i bet theres similar boxxes available today

• Super Moderator

Damn, I posted a reply to this last night.. Lets try again.

In the CCTV camera industry you can buy 'text overlay boxes'.. What these boxes do is read the 'text' of the receipt that is pushed to the docket printer, rang up from the point of sale computer / cash register and overlay that text to a nominated camera.. Its a simple serial capture process and I reckon could work for you.

Create a print job and push it to a null printer and have it intercepted by the overlay box.