Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 122

Thread: Kane's Crazy Kong Killscreen Quest

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    State
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)

    Kane's Crazy Kong Killscreen Quest

    With all the Donkey Kong playing lately, I reckon I'm practiced up enough to have a serious crack at getting to the killscreen of Crazy Kong in MAME, so I thought I'd post up a thread here to keep track and set a goal for myself that I can work towards.

    I'll be using ckong.zip Crazy Kong Part II (Set 1) starting with 3 lives and not using any cheats like the stage skip tricks, just like the Twin Galaxies rules.

    I havn't really played this game that much, mostly DK, but I think with CKs easier difficulty that a killscreen might be doable, has anyone ever got there before? What's everybodies high scores?

    I find that if you set a goal like this for a game you like you can get in the zone when playing and enjoy it a lot more. If anyone else wants to join in on my quest, feel free to post up some scores!

    Stay tuned and I'll post up my scores as I get them...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    State
    Launceston, Tas
    Posts
    10,578
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Sounds good, will give me an excuse to give my LAI CK a workout

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    State
    Tasfunkia
    Posts
    6,273
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    261 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKong View Post
    Sounds good, will give me an excuse to give my LAI CK a workout
    Is your board the ckong.zip Crazy Kong Part II (Set 1)? Or the Alca bootleg?
    There are differences with CK roms, as in gaps between girders and so on.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    State
    NSW
    Posts
    487
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    completely coincidentally......

    one of the local councils here on Sydneys northern beaches is having a council clean up. all sorts of junk is on the streets in preparation for the garbage trucks to pick up and take away.
    On my way home last night I noticed on top of a pile of junk was a table top!!??!?!?!

    it is a Tatio type.... assuming it would not work I thought I would assist the clean up guys and I brought it home to clean up and plug in.

    To my surprise after a little manipulation of the connectors to the board..... the game fired up

    Its a Crazy Kong which appears to be a bootleg of Donkey Kong. After watching 'King of Kong' too many times I might very well attempt a kill-screen myself.

    PS is there any value in this original board?
    the game plays fine. the screen needs to be replaced. It is over 30 years old???

    thinking of replacing the screen with a LED and dropping a multi-game board into it.
    any thoughts?

    I will post something in the appropriate area.
    interesting coincidence for the game

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    State
    King Island
    Posts
    838
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kane
    I reckon I'm practiced up enough to have a serious crack at getting to the killscreen of Crazy Kong in MAME,

    Good luck with your quest for the KS. Are you going to record your attempts in WolfMAME 106, so that you can submit it to Twin Galaxies??


    john

    .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    State
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    Good luck with your quest for the KS. Are you going to record your attempts in WolfMAME 106, so that you can submit it to Twin Galaxies??


    john

    .
    To start off with I'll just try to get to the KS without any risks or point pressing, if I can make it there then I might try to start recording for Twin Galaxies submission while maxing out the points. Maybe I'm dreaming, we'll see...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    State
    Illawarra NSW
    Posts
    7,519
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1717 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cardini View Post
    completely coincidentally......

    one of the local councils here on Sydneys northern beaches is having a council clean up. all sorts of junk is on the streets in preparation for the garbage trucks to pick up and take away.
    On my way home last night I noticed on top of a pile of junk was a table top!!??!?!?!

    it is a Tatio type.... assuming it would not work I thought I would assist the clean up guys and I brought it home to clean up and plug in.

    To my surprise after a little manipulation of the connectors to the board..... the game fired up

    Its a Crazy Kong which appears to be a bootleg of Donkey Kong. After watching 'King of Kong' too many times I might very well attempt a kill-screen myself.

    PS is there any value in this original board?
    the game plays fine. the screen needs to be replaced. It is over 30 years old???
    Tin arse! lol. We need pics of that. What a cool find!

    Board is worth between 50 and 80 bucks if clean and working fine.

    Crazy Kong by Falcon was actually licensed by Nintendo for Export countries outside Japan and the US. So if it's the Falcon version, technically it's not a bootleg

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    State
    Japan
    Posts
    4,214
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    I'm all Kong-ed out at the moment to join in, but I will be keeping an eye on your progress and cheering from the sidelines.

    Cardini, amazing find! Yep, pics are a must.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    State
    Berwick, Victoria
    Posts
    2,881
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    587 Post(s)
    Good luck with your quest! Will be interested to see your progress.

    And as for that road side table top - Awesome luck! But who throws out a working machine? Even not working, someone would buy the shell. Surely? Amazing

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    State
    NSW
    Posts
    6,233
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)
    Good luck Kane - hope you get there! I'll have a crack at this as CRazy Kong was the Kong I played. Best in Arcades was up around 280k from memory, so I've no hope of a kill screen though.

    I hope Kane, you have someone on standby to pop his head around to others and say 'Crazy Kong kill screen coming up, if you're interested'

    Cardini - noooo dont take out the screen and put an LED/LCD in there - you've scored a working original if the screen is OK then keep it, even if you do put a multi-board or Mame machine in there ultimately, you'll still end up with far more authentic looking games if you keep the original arcade monitor

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •