Thread: Kane's Crazy Kong Killscreen Quest

State
    Illawarra NSW
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1717 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post

Cardini - noooo dont take out the screen and put an LED/LCD in there - you've scored a working original if the screen is OK then keep it, even if you do put a multi-board or Mame machine in there ultimately, you'll still end up with far more authentic looking games if you keep the original arcade monitor
    +1
    Show us a pic of the monitor working. Might just need a degauss.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    I hope Kane, you have someone on standby to pop his head around to others and say 'Crazy Kong kill screen coming up, if you're interested'
    Ahh, poor Brian Kuh. Nobody can think of killscreens without remembering him, lol.

Not much in the way of scores yet, best so far was 194k. I remember getting 180k or so on a PCB with this Falcon set a while back when I bought it, so I'm already in PB territory at least. Might have to find that PCB and get it going again.

Although obviously similar to DK, I find CK plays a lot differently and you can't really use your DK strategy in most places, except on the rivets levels which are the same. The scoring is a lot slower as well so it seems like slow motion progress most of the time, I'll get some time to play more over the weekend.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    389 Post(s)
    There actually were a lot of Falcon bootlegs around, just because the falcon version was licensed doesn't necessarily mean all falcons are originals btw.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    There actually were a lot of Falcon bootlegs around, just because the falcon version was licensed doesn't necessarily mean all falcons are originals btw.
    Yeah, the PCB I just mentioned plays exactly like the Falcon romset, but is a hack on a River Patrol PCB, and I have another bootleg here that is the same as the Falcon board layout, but green instead of blue and no Falcon logos.

State
    Ballajura Perth WA
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    488 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    What's everybodies high scores?
    I got 238,340 on CK1 back in the day.

Why not try a better CK, like Alca or CK1.

CK2 is very difficult and you might be at it a while.

It was designed to bring in more revenue so is sooo much harder. I have the actual PCB for Ck2, In fact of all the CKs, Alca is the best, funnest etc, as you can go behind Kong on rivets level, Monkey Donkey is the same as CK1 and Alca.

What ever you choose good luck

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingtipvortex View Post
    Is your board the ckong.zip Crazy Kong Part II (Set 1)? Or the Alca bootleg?
    There are differences with CK roms, as in gaps between girders and so on.
    Will check the difference, think I have the Alaca from memory Sean(Section z) or Dez can confirm this ( hint hint ) as they worked on my boards , Sean.

The boardset I have is the one that was released in Australia by LAI, so most likely the Donkey ( Crazy) Kong everyone played in their yoof.

State
    Ballajura Perth WA
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    488 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKong View Post
    Will check the difference, think I have the Alaca from memory Sean(Section z) or Dez can confirm this ( hint hint ) as they worked on my boards , Sean.

The boardset I have is the one that was released in Australia by LAI, so most likely the Donkey ( Crazy) Kong everyone played in their yoof.
    Yours is Alca Ben

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dezbaz View Post
    Yours is Alca Ben
    Thanks Mate

This is the CK that most would of played in Aus Yes/No?

The colours on the Alca are pretty good compared to some CK bootlegs IMO

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)

Twin Galaxies only track the Falcon set, so I was just going to stick with that one, maybe I'll do the others later

I didn't realise the Alca set was LAI, interesting, good to know. I also have an Orca PCB here somewhere too.

Getting some much better scores tonight, I don't think I would call the CK2 set "very difficult" after playing DK.

State
    Ballajura Perth WA
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    488 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Twin Galaxies only track the Falcon set, so I was just going to stick with that one, maybe I'll do the others later

I didn't realise the Alca set was LAI, interesting, good to know. I also have an Orca PCB here somewhere too.

Getting some much better scores tonight, I don't think I would call the CK2 set "very difficult" after playing DK.
    Fair enough, it's your thread, go for it. Yes DK is harder for sure

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information