Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Allo! - Bulimba,Brisbane,Qld

Hello Everybody!

*$%#

I was introduced to AA by a fellow member after becoming interested "bring back my childhood" (80s) and building my own 4-player standup MAME cab. I?ve been trolling the forums for all the information and am currently experiencing information overload ...

*$%#

*$%#

Currently have the following components for my Project:

*$%#

68cm Mitsubishi TV (Bought from Dave on AA in January 2011)

JOMAC Chassis (Bought from Dave on AA in January 2011) ? Thanks Dave J

My old computer (power supply needs replacing) that is more than capable of running MAME games. I?ll plan take it out of its case and assemble inside the cab...

*$%#

I have my eye on Ozstick?s buttons, joysticks, iPac(4) keyboard encoders, control panel layers, wiring and the special VGA video card.

*$%#

I haven?t thought about a marquee design or speakers but I heard the magnets in the speakers can distort the monitor if they are designed too close.

*$%#

I plan to purchase some MDF of a cabinet fitter on the cheap once I settle on a design (WHICH IS REALLY HARD TO DECIDE!).*$%# Basically I want a cab that isn?t too chucky (on wheels so I can move it around if I move), where the sided of the cab don?t hinder Player 3 and 4?s view of the screen. *$%#It will have a removable control panel and an extra sliding draw below where the control panel sits for a keyboard and mouse. Access to the monitor can be from behind the cab and access to the computer is via the front panel.

*$%#

I still haven?t seen a design that ticks all those boxes? suggestions are welcome.

*$%#

I?d also like to wire the Cab it so I press one button and everything (monitor, computer, marquee) turns on?

So that's all the things I am thinking about, thanks for reading.

If anyone has a Mame cab near me in Brisbane it would be cool to come around and have a look so you can show it off and have a Yarn :P

Regards,

Michael

Bulimba, Brisbane.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Sorry about the symbols between paragraphs... Ill blame it on the bloody IPad :S

Heya, welcome! I live in Holland Park Brissie. I bought my MAME cab on ebay so I know very little about it atm, but I am learning thanks to this forum.

I am also more into the whole mid 90's arcade scene, as I was born in 82 and was a baby for most of the old school stuff. I still do love a good game of Nemesis (Gradius) and Ghosts and Goblins and Ghouls and Ghosts are two of my fave games of all time (even though I suck at them)

Just ask questions about everything. It is what I do and the people on this forum have been helpful beyond all belief. There is no noob flaming and everyone offers advice.

Heya, welcome! I live in Holland Park Brissie. I bought my MAME cab on ebay so I know very little about it atm, but I am learning thanks to this forum.

I am also more into the whole mid 90's arcade scene, as I was born in 82 and was a baby for most of the old school stuff. I still do love a good game of Nemesis (Gradius) and Ghosts and Goblins and Ghouls and Ghosts are two of my fave games of all time (even though I suck at them)

Just ask questions about everything. It is what I do and the people on this forum have been helpful beyond all belief. There is no noob flaming and everyone offers advice.

Thanks mate. Will do.

Question about MAME Design - I have a 68cm Aracade Monitor and i havent picked my Cab design yet... is there set designs for this size of arcade montitors or can all designed be moulded to fit any size screen?