Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

KONG OFF 2011 - KING OF AA [play here!]

Even with the dips set on 6 lives it's not too hard if you make a new save state after every level. Unfortunately mame only gives you 26 save states, so there would have to be a couple of sets for all of the levels.

How many are there by the way? Total I screens, not levels.

USA Donkey Kong

1-4

1-3-4

1-2-3-4

1-2-1-3-4

1-2-1-3-1-4

Thats the order.

22 stages, 117 screens

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even with the dips set on 6 lives it's not too hard if you make a new save state after every level. Unfortunately mame only gives you 26 save states, so there would have to be a couple of sets for all of the levels.

How many are there by the way? Total I screens, not levels.

You don't need so many savestates as from Level 5 on - it does not increase difficulty anymore.

You really just need a savestate for each of the 4 screens from Level 5 onwards.

Once you can do the 4 screens consistently then it's just a matter of endurance. :P

• 3 weeks later...

thanks to jammasized for the inagural kong off prize :)

i got this in the mail not long after the comp finished but keep forgetting to post a pic.

so this is what its all about... DK himself. i've got him perched on my shelf so he's a reminder everytime i walk past :cool:

DSC_0321.thumb.jpg.d2d9a8b0dc8153285e28945feed6cdca.jpg

very nice. i must say my already poor dk game went down hill after the masterclass i got from you. as they say those that cant do teach and maybe it applies equally in reverse. bring the mascot to the may meet henry my bulldog will enjoy making love to it.

very nice. i must say my already poor dk game went down hill after the masterclass i got from you. as they say those that cant do teach and maybe it applies equally in reverse. bring the mascot to the may meet henry my bulldog will enjoy making love to it.

lol, i taught you all you needed to know... maybe you were already thinking about mortal kombat, you switched over to that pretty quick (and thrashed me in every game after that).

DK stays here thanks, i wouldnt trust henry anywhere near Dk :) .

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Scored 172000 on DK today :026: Been giving this another shot the last couple of days. Huge ask, but I'd really like to make the kill screen of this game.

I know the comp is over and we have the high score section in MGL - but how about a dedicated "AA Donkey Kong Hall of Fame" thread? Everyone is welcome to post scores as they beat their previous bests.

We already have one HERE. I've had a few good DK games myself recently, I'll post them up in that thread when I get a chance.

I will edit the first post with the top 10 scores :unsure if you want to use that thread and maybe clean it up at bit ( what it is with 2009 posts resurfacing :lol

• 3 months later...
Guest ifbbjudge

Yer my score on my mame arcade machine on donkey kong is at 256,400 three lifes setting

muscleandfitness

allen

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Can you tell me how you get onto to play mame leauge play

allen staal

Yer my score on my mame arcade machine on donkey kong is at 256,400 three lifes setting

muscleandfitness

allen

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

allen staal

Nice score.......strange post:confused:

muscleandfitness

allen

allen staal

Ah, the wolrd famous Allen from Richie Knucklez web shows! Welcome to Aussie Arcade!

muscleandfitness

allen

allen staal

Hey Allen,

MGL #14 will be kicking off in early-ish January 2012.

Pretty shortly (ie in the next few days after Chris-Mass) there will be a nominations thread posted where people can nominate the games they would like for inclusion in MGL14.

I've never heard of the web shows but now I am intrigued :) Will check it out for sure.