Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Help with buying HU cards

makaw

Hi, I think i need HU cards or IC card for my pcb.

its a NEC brand PWD-623B in an associated leisure cabinet/ now natnar holdings i believe.

the pcb has a magic supper griffin in it, but i would like to either run off an external floppy with serial 25 pin plug, ( cant find one anywhere)

or a card as such but i dont know where to find one. that will fit.

Please help i have been searching for days and no one seems to know what will fit.

on the pcb it has an adapter with l38n7ko2 on it, that i presume the card goes in.

its also engraved NH47966

Thanks in advance for any replies or leads i can chase.

Edited by makaw
add more info

Unfortunately, PC Engine gear isn't that big in Australia. You're most likely going to have to order from Japan.

Shipping from there is generally quite efficient, items tend to arrive within a week or two.

There's a seller on eBay who have good deals on bulk lots of games. With shipping it usually works out to be $3 - $4 per card.

http://shop.ebay.com.au/hit-japan/m.html?_nkw=pc+engine+game+lot&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

yes mate, thats what i need apparently. Any ideas where to get them in brisbane or fast postage at a reasonable price?

I only want pacman, galaga, spacies, and a few old school games.

Hey mate,

If you have an arcade machine already - those games are much better to play on a 60 in 1 multigame PCB thing.

PC-Engine games of note is stuff like Rainbow Islands/Parasol Stars, Bonk series and a crapload of shooter type games on the system such as Lords of Thunder, and all the arcade ports of these they received.

Shmup list here: http://www.shmups.com/xenocidefiles/pcengine.html

But yeah, this game has a crapload of good games. As Frank said - ebay is probably your best bet or other forums. :)

great links, least i know if they are horizontal or vertical.

thanks so much

The horizontal/vertical just refers to the way the screen scrolls in those shooters.

All vertical games run on a horizontal screen by default since it is a normal console designed to be used on a TV - but alot of these shooters have a "TATE" mode which turns the screen vertically and allows you to play it in proper arcade style. Not all of them have it though.