Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mgl 12 game 12 - carnival

• Super Moderator
Hints and tips - try the joystick left right fire fire right left then (fire, p1, p2 at the same time) for a nuke type effect on all yellow chickens, takes some practice but well worth the effort. If you can pull off the Phoneix 200k move then you can do this, otherwise don't try it

Loaded it up finally, good lord 3530 :redface reminds me of a spectrum game with all the monochrome goodness.

Progress scores updated, sorry about the delay.

Kane's taken a big lead with about a day left to play for MGL12... With Tav and Dkong still to fight it out, The final countdown begins. (cue synthesisers)

Hints and tips - try the joystick left right fire fire right left then (fire, p1, p2 at the same time) for a nuke type effect on all yellow chickens, takes some practice but well worth the effort. If you can pull off the Phoneix 200k move then you can do this, otherwise don't try it

:o sounds like a MK fatality ! Do you mean the ducks?

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

I find this game quite agreeable indeed.

Wow , great score!

Whatever he means I had a few tries and couldn't get it working but then I've no idea what the Phoneix 200k move is either. No time to play today with my sons 2nd birthday, will hopefully get a few games in tomorrow but so far still about the 10-12k range and have only got to the third stage a few times.

Whatever he means I had a few tries and couldn't get it working but then I've no idea what the Phoneix 200k move is either. No time to play today with my sons 2nd birthday, will hopefully get a few games in tomorrow but so far still about the 10-12k range and have only got to the third stage a few times.

I'm not sure that such a move based on a combo press of buttons and P1 and P2 buttons is playing the game as it's meant to be played, even though it is part of the game. The Phoenix 200k move is a totally different thing, as it's more skill orientated, ie shooting a special formation of birds as they are flying up and away from you.

What do players think about this ? It's probably way too late in the week to be outlawing any scores based on this button-combo-press-just-to-get points-cheaply method though.

I'm not sure that such a move based on a combo press of buttons and P1 and P2 buttons is playing the game as it's meant to be played, even though it is part of the game. The Phoenix 200k move is a totally different thing, as it's more skill orientated, ie shooting a special formation of birds as they are flying up and away from you.

What do players think about this ? It's probably way too late in the week to be outlawing any scores based on this button-combo-press-just-to-get points-cheaply method though.

I can say I have not used it, not saying it's right or wrong,not sure how much time I will get today

Edit The similar bubble bobble was not allowed a few MGLs ago

I can say I have not used it, not saying it's right or wrong,not sure how much time I will get today

Edit The similar bubble bobble was not allowed a few MGLs ago

If it was earlier in the week this was outed, then I'd probably have to bring out Walter to throw out the red flag

http://i54.tinypic.com/21cgpp4.jpg

:D

But I don't think it's going to have much impact on the top 3 places anyways. I guess if anyone has used this method to boost their score/make levels easier by nuking the yellow birds, I'll leave it up to their own judgement as to decide whether it is fair or foul at this late stage.

Little under 5 hours to go for the title, as it stands @ the moment, Dkong has the necessary points margin to take it out - so it will require Tav to bring out a big score before 7pm.

Course there's still plenty of time for others to throw spanners in the works too :)

Time's Up!

Was waiting for a late influx of scores from the top two but nothing going :unsure which leaves us with the winner....

DKONG!

Congratulations to Dkong, a well deserved winner of MGL 12.

:041::041::041::041::041:

The final results for Carinival are:

Kane 41,710 - 25 points

Dkong 24,690 - 20 points

Wingtipvortex 20,360 - 16 points

Foot 17,780 - 13 points

The Pinny Parlour 12,400 - 11 points

Taverner 10,030 - 10 points

Rat 6,610 - 9 points

Dezbaz 3,770 - 8 points

Jammasized 3,530 - 7 points

SO the final podium positions for MGL 12 and points are:

1. Dkong - 174 points :038:

2. Taverner - 165 points :038:

2. Kane - 165 points :038:

So we have a TIE for second place! I'm not sure what means but it's all good :D

Thanks heaps to everyone who played and submitted scores for MGL12. There was a lot of participation in this MGL, some games attracting up to 18 players which may well be a record for MGL's ? Good to see more people getting involved, would be good to see more players join though!

Will be an announcement about prizes etc for MGL12 soon.

Just ran out of time this week, I was hoping to get home today with enough time to have one last crack at carnival but I'm just walking in the door now.

Congrats to DK on the MGL win, Kane for a big win this week and second overall and to Jammasized and Wingtipvortex for running a great comp :038::038::038:.

I'll be back for the next one whether that's arcade or console.... and speaking of console I've just about finished downloading Wipeout HD Fury for the ps3 so at least I've got my next gaming fix all lined up :D.

I'll be back for the next one whether that's arcade or console.... and speaking of console I've just about finished downloading Wipeout HD Fury for the ps3 so at least I've got my next gaming fix all lined up :D.

Nice one....I'm going to now give the cab a bit of a break and get back to concentrating on finishing !@$%!@ red dead redemption :rolleyes

Well done Dkong, once again I enjoyed the MGL, thanks everyone :)

I also enjoy the breaks, that let me get back to other pursuits, projects or games with my limited spare time. Having a break keeps the excitement alive for the next round.

Thanks for running it Jammasized and Wingtip, and thanks everyone for the congratulations. Enjoyed the comp, some new games for me, and as said new players which is always welcome.

Didn't get a game in today so hoped the 24,000 would be good enough, thanks Tav for getting home late :D