Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

3D Without Glasses, Its finally Here!

Surely that cannot be good for you. I'm assuming it's using some sort of electrical impulse to stimulate the nerves.

Spot on. Its completely plausible that this would produce 3D, but at 120Hz it would still produce minimal flicker in those lighting situations. I know its a prototype, but i would think they would have at least doubled the Hz and made it 120 per eye. Seems pointless to me, and potentially dangerous.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

. You have to sit in the right places etc and its not 100%.

If this was a lenticular auto stereo display, then yes you would have certain viewing placement, as this is basically a shutter-glass method, angles really don't matter too much. As long as each eye only see's the correct image and is cut off from the other it would be fine, regardless of angle.

Thats some crazy ass shit lol.

I love how it ramps up when he starts and down when he is finished .

Now what I want to know is after doing this for a whole movie would you feel like your eyelids have just done a few million push ups and get strengthened over time or would constant use be a cosmetic surgeons wet dream come true with all the eye jobs he will have to perform :lol

The tv's they are using are 4k so you get 1080 in each eye at all times. They work with a lens that splits the images at different angels so you get the 3d image. This is why tou need to be in the right place. So would be waiting for a year or two before there is any point to look at 3d. That and the content is so small and so on...

The tv's they are using are 4k so you get 1080 in each eye at all times. They work with a lens that splits the images at different angels so you get the 3d image. .

Your spot on with that Emo, the tvs you talk about are called Auto Stereo displays. They use a lenticular method of displaying 3D, small lines( much like prisoms) that have particular and enforced angles to produce the 3D effect, almost like the old football cards that changed the picture when you moved them from left to right.

This process in the video is completely different though, as it is acting like a shutter system of blocking the left image from the right image, and vise versa. Viewing angle is not an issue. From what i can see in the vid, he is using an active 3D monitor which has 2 LCD screens positioned one in front of the other in the same frame. The images alternate between front and rear LCD showing the left and right images according to which eyelid is opened or closed.

So when these images are in sync with his eyelids opening and closing, it theoretically will produce a clear 3D image, regardless of angle.

Be great at parties, there would be a lot of imaginative applications for that.

Great stuff! :lol

Hmmm, a few of those attached to the right places on hands would really speed up the jerking off process...

Cut out the middleman and apply direct.