Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mgl12 game 11: Space invaders '95

Good luck getting verified 7baz, I assume they still have a separate section for mame and original hardware?

I tried to get verified for the mame section years ago, but never heard back from them and eventually gave up. Then I started submitting to MARP, much easier :)

If you do get verified 7baz, when you post about it could you give us a run down on what you did to get verified and how well the process worked? If it's a bit easier to get in the book these days then I might be interested in having another crack. (Now to find a 4 day slow record VCR tape for Asteroids, LOL)

But now days I prefer the relaxed rules here, I wouldn't like MGL to go down the verification route. I think the trust element works well here, and the fact that we break cheaters knee caps.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This direct from the Twin Galaxies site ->

How do I record games using MAME?

For MAME, a VCR is not necessary as MAME has its own recording function that produces an Input File (INP) that records all the pertinent information required.

The complete guidlines for MAME submission is here.

This direct from the Twin Galaxies site ->

The complete guidlines for MAME submission is here.

That's what I thought, you don't need to video anything for MAME - they stopped asking for that a while back.

I've often felt slightly motivated to get one of those TG certificates on my Garage wall. Especially for some games, there's only a few scores existing.

Note to self: scroll through xxxx-1 list. Find osbscure game no one likes. Practice till fingers bleed, become World Champ! ;)

OK so they have not really changed anything for mame submissions, and they are still treated as second class and not really proper world records. From memory they do get a section in the book, but not all submissions. I can't remember if you can get a certificate for mame submissions either, I think you could. Anyway I would be interested in how 7baz goes with that also.

I couldn't be bothered looking up that link, thanks Kane, but it looks exactly the same as the guide I followed in about 2002.

As I said I tried a couple of times, and re-read the rules many times, and never got an answer let alone any verification, so I gave up.

In my reference to VCR I meant for my Asteroids Upright Cab, sorry for the confusion.

We should get a thread going in the MGL downtime, "Getting AA represented on Twin Galaxies" or something like that, make it a mission. I should be able to get in the top 50 of some games :lol

Or maybe contact some of the other leagues around the net, and have forum V's forum MAME battle.:)

You could have say three representatives from each forum for each game played. So for eg their are 10 games you could submit 30 players, the best 3 players for each game.

Or even a (which I have suggested before ) a State of origin MGL where States play against each other :cool:

twin galaxies under mame its 26,670

im already ranked 1 in marp at 28,570

someone for the clone has clocked up 119 400 which i find hard to believe.

the ipn file is unreadable and the version of mame i cant get it so i cant check.

that was recorded in 2002.

well i clocked up 39,940 and its recorded.

im also first on head on , irem on marp and on twin galaxies the highest score is 6705 , mine is 21390 also recorded.

no one hasnt been able to beat me in 6 years lol

i played space chaser and head on almost daily trying to find a pattern to it all for nearly 3 years on and off and broke a few joysticks out of frustration along the way lol

Or maybe contact some of the other leagues around the net, and have forum V's forum MAME battle.:)

You could have say three representatives from each forum for each game played. So for eg their are 10 games you could submit 30 players, the best 3 players for each game.

Or even a (which I have suggested before ) a State of origin MGL where States play against each other :cool:

I think the forum v forum mame challenge could be a great idea! The retroleague in the UK, and the llamasoft league also UK (which is possibly the founding father of online retro gaming leagues, been around more than 10 years) has heaps of good gamers, they often get 20-30 score submissions for every game they play. I used to enjoy it, but they play a lot of fairly dull console/home computer games I've never heard of and found a bit boring.. (spectrum games etc) so I stopped playing in their leagues a while back.

They also play mame though - though in the MGL we have generally higher scores for Mame games. When they played Juno first, many of them had never even heard of it it before :lol I still have an active account there, I might see if I can tee something up with the guy that runs it. He's an avid retro gamer that writes in online blogs, computer mags, and has also written a popular C64 coffee table book.

Maybe: anyone who's come top 5 in any MGL qualifies to play in the all-stars comp ?

i played space chaser and head on almost daily trying to find a pattern to it all for nearly 3 years

Faaaarrrrk...that's dedication, I can't play a game daily for more than a few weeks. Space chaser and Head On are great classics, but basic pattern games, after an hour a day for a couple of weeks I would dread playing them. That said though I can understand your resolve to get a record :)

I'm currently giving my Asteroids cab a fair workout, I just changed out the rom so it's the same as the one they use for the world record. I'm not doing as well as I expected ATM, it's a difficult game, but I still think I can possibly defeat it, the game I mean, not the record. If I get to skill level that allows me to play as long as I want then I will say I have defeated the game. As far as the record goes, that's another story, dunno if i could play for over 3 days. I do ok at 24hr solo MTB racing though, so who knows ;)

Wingtipvortex, time to put your screenshot where your mouth is :laugh: