Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mgl 12 game 9: Raiden

Blue's a hell of a lot stronger than red, absolutely no doubt about that.

I've never quite been able to decide if I prefer normal missiles or homing missiles. The standard ones are considerably more powerful as you say.

I assume most of you guys are playing with some sort of arcade controller? I find the keyboard really difficult to use.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Damn frustrating game this. As I said before if you die or use any bombs on the first level you may as well give that game up and start again. Also the homing missiles are shit. I try and max out blue shots and homing missiles but damn the homing missiles bug me. I keep getting taken out by tanks from behind and the homing missiles keep going for forward targets or what I assume are closer rather than the tanks behind me..... really damn annoying.

I'd never played this game before now as it was after my time shooter wise. The last shooters I was into were Slap Fight and Terra Cresta. I could get 7-800,000 on Slapfight and Terra Cresta just endlessly loops after a certain point and I think my highest was something like 42 million or something stupid like that. From memory I'd been playing it for about 2-3 hours. The thing with those 2 games is like a lot of shooters back then you could get into a rhythm of movements and shots. I found that you can't do that with Raiden or at least I couldn't.....maybe I'm just getting old LOL!

braiden.png.5e383bb13fcdff35d0e28335a7e3ef02.png

The thing with those 2 games is like a lot of shooters back then you could get into a rhythm of movements and shots. I found that you can't do that with Raiden or at least I couldn't.....maybe I'm just getting old LOL!

No - you are totally correct. The ship is very slow compared to the enemy bullets in Raiden so it's basically a complete memorizer. You need to remember where to be and where the enemies are going to come from otherwise it's very hard to survive on just dodging skills/reflexes alone.

Nice score Tav, I'm going to bang out a few games shortly. :)

I assume most of you guys are playing with some sort of arcade controller? I find the keyboard really difficult to use.

I moved from keyboard to the cabinet today and was doing worse. Cracked open the joystick and adjusted the microswitches and first game after that I doubled my score :cool:

Died at the Stage 4 boss - could've done better if I didn't have a stupid death at the 3rd boss also. I didn't die or bomb until then in this run. :( The extra bonus would've been something like 150,000pts. :(

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g244/spl_photo/games/0005.png

Time's Up!

Thanks to everyone who played and submitted a score for Raiden.

Congratulations to SPL for his maiden MGL victory! *crowd cheers fireworks explode*

Good competition around the game this week with two players cracking half a million points.

Final results for the Raiden comp are:

1. spl 669,190 = 25

2. Taverner 536,920 = 20

3. Ramere 388,840 = 16

4. Rat 370,340 = 13

5. Dkong 341,120 = 11

6. Brad 288,370 = 10

7. Kane 214,440 = 9

8. Jardine 214,050 = 8

9. Jammasized 196,720 = 7

10. Knight76 177,230 = 6

11. Wingtipvortex 64,710 = 5

12. Dezbaz 4,430 = 4

We're getting to the business end of MGL12, the next 3 games will shake up the top 5 players even more.

New game posted

LEADERBOARD UPDATED

Wow great scores SPL and Tav, was hoping to get a couple of games in yesterday but was too hung over:lol, been up since 6.30 this morning and did the Hobart cup and now just home so didn't get a last crack:(

Don't think I would of cracked 500,000, but was close to the 400,000

I think the better you get at this game the blue fire is a must , as its direct, sure the red covers an area but once you are fine with weaving the bullets it pays to have the direct hard shot especially for the bosses and bigger ships in the screens.

So IMO if can't crack 200,000 stick with Red and straight missiles

If you have the power go Blue with Homing

:)

I see another fantastic shooter is up this week :D

Edit : and another new winner 9 games 9 winners :)