Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mgl 12 game 9: Raiden

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)

So what is everyones preferences? Red or Blue shot, Homing or Straight Missiles? I like the Blue with Homing Missiles I think.

State
    Tasfunkia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    261 Post(s)

Had a few games tonight, 5 to be exact. This is all i can come up with so far.

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    So what is everyones preferences? Red or Blue shot, Homing or Straight Missiles? I like the Blue with Homing Missiles I think.
    I'm switching about and finding I'm getting similar scores with any of the 4 combinations, like Rat said there's seems to be a fairly nice balance with the weapon choices. There's also some clever stage design using the fact that the play area is bigger than the screen. The point where you get the two M/H in the second stage has the tanks funelling in from either side at the same time as there's the power up ship and the tempation to chase after the M/H. I'm dying there a lot at the moment .

And in the 3rd stage every time you move left or right you're uncovering enemies beside you. But it's that temptation to chase stuff up the screen that gets me killed time and time again.

Edit: And from memory I liked raiden 2 purple toothpaste and all, although seeing as it's not mameable it's probably been 20+ yrs since I played it.

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

Getting done on the stage 1-3 boss atm.

Hopefully I can beat my best score, some good bonus's if you can keep your bombs as they act as a multiplier against the collected medallions at the end of every stage ( provided you don't die)

Great game, I have an original Raiden Deluxe
    Attached Images Attached Images

State
    Central Coast NSW
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    520 Post(s)
    Here I was happy with the 123k I just scored.

Great score Dkong.
    Hindsight is always in high definition!

C64anabalt: 9647m

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Yep nice score DK, I'm having trouble with the same boss he doesnt seem too hard (particuarly if you can cut out a few of those last barrels quickly) it's just trying to get to him with any firepower and be on a good game.

I've never noticed that it was medal times bombs for the bonus before this week, I've always been a bit bomb happy not just to kill but they're great as shields but now that I have it puts a lot of pressure on not dying. It seems harsh that there's no bonus for the medals until the end, maybe a half and half would have worked better and let you aim for a high score even with an early death.

As it is I've beaten the lvl 3 boss just not on a game where I've got the second stage right as well.

From memory there's 7 stages and then a restart with the difficulty upped? So is the 1 in 1:3 for the number of times you've clocked it?

If so nice of them to make it easy to tell but maybe a touch optimistic for most of us back in the arcades .

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    There is also a few hidden bonus's around. The only one I have found is the fairy about half on level 1:1 for 10000 points.

Not dying on level 1:1 and not using any bombs netted me a bonus of 44,000

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by knight76 View Post
    Here I was happy with the 123k I just scored.

Great score Dkong.
    Cheers another of those games that when you die it can be hard to build up firepower sometimes.

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Well seeing as we're giving away alllllll the secrects The second one is a car that goes racing across the highway bridge, it's hard to see because it's the same time all the mini planes are flying down at you.

Haven't found the third one yet.

State
    Central Coast NSW
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    520 Post(s)

Still can't quite eclipse this record.

Hindsight is always in high definition!

C64anabalt: 9647m

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1433 Post(s)

When I say 'I'm not a fan of this genre' I mean 'I'm shit at this genre'

Only vertically scrolling shooter I've ever been any good at is Juno First, though this score i'm not that ashamed of

Great score DK

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information