Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Hello from new guy

Hi,

I have recently got hold of some old stand up arcade machines, and a cocktail machine, all non working / few that are the Cab only.

I am keen to spend some time bringing them back to life in some shape or another.

I have no experience but willing to learn.

I remember 'the old arcade days' fondly. Ahh

Cheers

Roy

all,

I have found, cajoled and bought the following:

album.php?albumid=28

- cocktail unit with working original CRT, controls missing on one side, no PCB, and an old PSone (non working) wired up to it inside. It is an LAI machine has serial number etc, looks like it was a donkey kong or Gallag (bootleg?)

-- my plan here is two put a 60-1 jamma, refresh scratched glass, refresh controls.

- cocktail unit looks like original everything with 'Scramble' - LAI unit with serial plate etc, works nicely, marine ply construction, CRT a little bit 'wishy washy colours', joys are a bit lazy. but my pride and joy, needs new glass top so scratched like unit above.

-- my plan is to love it. Kids already do!

- Caberet/low boy - Slapfight - Jomac has helped me fix the chassis and yolk, now working, original samsung CRT is amazing(Jomac's words). Cabinet is in dire shape i am going to have to replace repair almost all panels, needs bezel, marquee, and a host of other bits.

-- my plan is to restore back to original as possible, i need photos though of an orginal? help? Maybe i use the alternate name - 'ALCON'? suggestions? (i cannot find any side art examples

- 2 X old lowboy/cabaret cabinets brough in from the paddock - no screens, no PCBS, no PS's, only cab and joystick, and cabs are bad, but recoverable. Found an old piece of paper that shows a bit of Snow Bros instructions, so maybe one day it was this machine..

-- my pan - my thoughts at the monet are to make them into two mame machins but theme the cabs as 2 of the more famous games...still deciding

- 1 newish Dino duel - working metal cabinet frame, old PC monitor being used as screen at the moment, it is a strange card based, paper scissors rock game, superb cab frame and doors etc,

-- plan is to adjust the cab so it looks more like an 80's cab, and to revamp controls, put a marquee ,and mame it.

any suggestions welcome, and should i post now in restorations?

cheers

-

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Photos here :

album.php?albumid=28

Edited by Royscamble
add photo link