Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mgl 12 game 7: Frogger

An obvoius classic game but not one I have played with serious intent since I was a kid. Apart from randomly dying for no good reason :realmad: quite enjoying myself.

http://i51.tinypic.com/b6r29c.png

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got bitten by the otter

First time that's happened, I saw it's teeth and all LOL

In the same game I hit the snake's tail and died too.

Funny game

If you are on the edge they will get you:)

Just got over my level 5 jitters and blew it on the easier level and to make it worse 30 points shy of an extra man:realmad:

A few more LIIT and might make some more progress :laugh:

Finally got past that damn level 5.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/knight76/0005.jpg

I'm with you Level 5 dig it , then you have to calm down a bit to much though as your really on the edge of your seat and have do it slowly then the two heads of medusa :lol

Great game:D

WooHoo! I got through my first lap and then for a second thought I might do two... the shock of which sent me careening into cars and waterways :lol.

Does anyone else find it harder when the cars slow down again? I thought it'd be easier but now that I'm figuring out when you can and can't jump onto the last log/croc without dying going for the top left spot I die more during the lvl 5 slow down than anywhere else.

frog33280.thumb.png.c4d566742f6f71898aabc8e40bdcec5a.png

Grrrrrrr, reflexes shot with only 1hr sleep after N/S.........deaths = half legit errors and half bugs. On a big scoring game I find I only die due to program bugs, makes me wonder how people get huge scores, must just be luck to a certain degree.

Might get to sneak in a quick game tomorrow morning, maybe not.

0001.png.4fb1dabbd87aea3a2713a72bbd91d729.png

Every time my frog dies, it's either a bug, or my stupid desktop joystick

Never anything else.

May have to start on the 48 in 1 in the cocktail

The Joysticks are Happ, and are still brand new

Lower the mistakes, increase the score (In theory) :)

I've noticed that bug a lot and whether it's a bug or not I very rarely push it with the trucks, little frog just freezes sometimes when there should have been plenty of time for him to get across.

I can respect mame's core aim being conservation rather than gaming but there are times I wish they'd fix the bugs in games like this and double dragon etc and improve the gameplay.

I've noticed that bug a lot and whether it's a bug or not I very rarely push it with the trucks, little frog just freezes sometimes when there should have been plenty of time for him to get across.

I can respect mame's core aim being conservation rather than gaming but there are times I wish they'd fix the bugs in games like this and double dragon etc and improve the gameplay.

Double Drgaon had slowdown from the original board, so I don't think that is a mame bug. I can't recall playing frogger enough in arcades to recall the frog freeze issue. I know it happens sometimes when your frog is going off screen as well. It's like he knows he is done for and the poor little bugger panics.

I haven't seen a frog freeze, but it has trouble going in the opposite direction on a moving log.

Is that what you mean

Secondly, I think original frogger used an 8 way stick, which can cause unwanted sideways movement (Into cars etc) :(

Secondly, I think original frogger used an 8 way stick, which can cause unwanted sideways movement (Into cars etc) :(

The original Frogger was defiantly a 4 way game. It used a Wico 4-way leaf switch joystick. Here is a pic of the undercarriage...

http://i55.tinypic.com/29o1it2.jpg

LOL

Only you wingtip, that's definately a "here's one I prepared earlier" moment :)

Ok, so my problem is my stupid desktop piece of crap joystick (or human error - nahhhhhhhh)

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

I like the fact it's defiantly that stick too :laugh:

I think it definitely one of them as well :)

LOL

Only you wingtip, that's definately a "here's one I prepared earlier" moment :)

Ok, so my problem is my stupid desktop piece of crap joystick (or human error - nahhhhhhhh)

:lol Yep, i do this sometimes mate:lol

You should get yourself the dandy you bloody beauty Pro Gamer USB controller mate! Its the ducks guts, and even though its 8 way, its VERY forgiving with 4 way games. I haven't looked back :cool:

Its the one DKong put us on to, and its a mere 30 bucks from target!!!