Thread: Mgl 12 game 7: Frogger

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1433 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post

Whats with the 5 lives? Shouldn't it be 3??
    I take the MGL game settings directly from the Twin Galaxies settings for MAME, for Frogger it's 5 lives.

I reckon it's interesting to see how people rank in games against record setting gamers in the world, using TG as the benchmark. I know some people prefer MARP but TG is like the tinseltown of gaming these days so it's the yardstick I'm using for the MGL.

Just for interests sake, [and cause I still have three days before I have to go back to work] here's playe's world rankings for MGL 12 so far:

1. Commando (Dkong) TG World Ranking on winning score of 99,000: 4th
    2. Q*Bert (Brad) TG World Ranking on winning score of 128,255: 12th
    3. Qix (Dezbaz) TG World Ranking on winning score of 77,408: 16th
    4. Wonder Boy (Section Z) TG World Ranking on winning score of 723,520: 5th
    5. Super Basketball (Ramere) TG World Ranking on winning score of 560,900: 2nd
    6. Berzerk (Kane) TG World Ranking on winning score of 13,520: 6th

Pretty good, 4 games we've had the winning score a top 10 World ranking, and pretty much all of those games the people who came 2nd also have a top 10 ranking.

Lots of Arcade talent in the MGL!

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

I really should stop nominating games I suck at. Frogger (in a cocktail table) would be among the first video games I ever saw and it's always in the favourites list along with the other 'classics' like Galaga,Donkey Kong and Pac Man but I've only ever played a few games here and there and never really tried to setting a high score... Up till yesterday I was avoiding the purple frogs thinking they were another enemy .

sounds like I'll be down the list again but should hopefully improve on this one at some point.
    Attached Images Attached Images

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    I take the MGL game settings directly from the Twin Galaxies settings for MAME, for Frogger it's 5 lives.

I reckon it's interesting to see how people rank in games against record setting gamers in the world, using TG as the benchmark. I know some people prefer MARP but TG is like the tinseltown of gaming these days so it's the yardstick I'm using for the MGL.

Just for interests sake, [and cause I still have three days before I have to go back to work] here's playe's world rankings for MGL 12 so far:

1. Commando (Dkong) TG World Ranking on winning score of 99,000: 4th
    2. Q*Bert (Brad) TG World Ranking on winning score of 128,255: 12th
    3. Qix (Dezbaz) TG World Ranking on winning score of 77,408: 16th
    4. Wonder Boy (Section Z) TG World Ranking on winning score of 723,520: 5th
    5. Super Basketball (Ramere) TG World Ranking on winning score of 560,900: 2nd
    6. Berzerk (Kane) TG World Ranking on winning score of 13,520: 6th

Pretty good, 4 games we've had the winning score a top 10 World ranking, and pretty much all of those games the people who came 2nd also have a top 10 ranking.

Lots of Arcade talent in the MGL!

Thats awesome Jam, I'm 4th in the world at Commando

Who knows maybe the start of the Australian Team for the future World Arcade Championship (WAC) will start here

State
    Tasfunkia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    261 Post(s)

Third game, and frustrated But enjoying it none the less!

State
    Vic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    oh man, i only just got 2500 in berzerk now ive gotta change to frogga
    HookedOnDefender,TimePilot,CrushRoller,1942,Pacman [original ghost in the machine!] VIDS: DefenceCmnd, Defender(2),Stargate(2),Joust,Joust2,MoonPatrol,Ph oenix,PolePositionII, Pacman, MsPacman, DKJr, MarioBros, LunarRescue,SegaTurbo,FujiSpeedRace PINS: Gottlieb Gladiators WANTED: Robotron, Sinistar, Maketrax, Timepilot & Defender Pinball! SOLD:Qix,Qbert TRADED:Gorf

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1433 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DKong View Post
    Thats awesome Jam, I'm 4th in the world at Commando

Who knows maybe the start of the Australian Team for the future World Arcade Championship (WAC) will start here
    I'm imagining the Australian Arcade Team's Uniform with maybe a spacies on the back and a Galaxian on the pocket

State
    Tasfunkia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    261 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    I'm imagining the Australian Arcade Team's Uniform with maybe a spacies on the back and a Galaxian on the pocket
    What about a set of track pants with " HUNG LIKE KONG " printed on the "zipper" part

State
    adelaide
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im imagining a score higher then 4560 and finding out how i can change my cab settings. as bad as i am thats a 3 not 5 life score. im back now that brad is no longer a mod. wingtips tracky idea sounds fine to me but im a seedy individual who frequents seedy parts of town, cant imagine those getting a regular gig at the kids saturday morn/noon football/netball. though would be a good way to pick up angry single mums on the rebound.

State
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1506 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henrybulldog View Post
    im imagining a score higher then 4560 and finding out how i can change my cab settings. as bad as i am thats a 3 not 5 life score. im back now that brad is no longer a mod. wingtips tracky idea sounds fine to me but im a seedy individual who frequents seedy parts of town, cant imagine those getting a regular gig at the kids saturday morn/noon football/netball. though would be a good way to pick up angry single mums on the rebound.
    =P

Actually I thought I was okay at this game but these supposed low scores of 14,15000 are making me a bit sad

Brad

State
    Vic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)

should be a wooden spoon trophy too, cause i reckon i am gonna win it!

frogger4950a.JPG
    HookedOnDefender,TimePilot,CrushRoller,1942,Pacman [original ghost in the machine!] VIDS: DefenceCmnd, Defender(2),Stargate(2),Joust,Joust2,MoonPatrol,Ph oenix,PolePositionII, Pacman, MsPacman, DKJr, MarioBros, LunarRescue,SegaTurbo,FujiSpeedRace PINS: Gottlieb Gladiators WANTED: Robotron, Sinistar, Maketrax, Timepilot & Defender Pinball! SOLD:Qix,Qbert TRADED:Gorf

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information