Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Big Buck Hunter Pro - Wii

So I managed to get a copy of Big Buck Hunter Pro for the Wii and must say it is actually a really good port of the game.

Obviously you don't get down the barrel shooting as the wii just is not that accurate. But once you get used to using the cursor it's really good.

It allows you to choose different types of control config including using the Z button as the trigger which is great.

They have not released this in Australia yet and I am not sure if they will at this stage unless everyone keeps writing to the company.

In the US the game comes with a pump action shotgun extension for the controllers, so this is next on my list of things to try and get.

The port is really good and better than or as the PC version with a light gun

Dan

It's at EB games right now. I'm sure it has been for over a week. I like the shotgun peripheral, but I always find the gun on the arcade machine to be too small for me to aim comfortably. I can't imagine the Wii gun would be bigger. If I get a hankering for it, I'll just buy the game and makes me a full sized wooden shotty :D

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Oh hang on, maybe I saw Big Game Hunter

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002E1UY8G?ie=UTF8&tag=hiphoplindy-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B002E1UY8G

Which apparently doesnt hold a candle to big buck hunter...

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

There, just did my bit:

http://www.bigbuckhunter.com/us/contact/

(",)

As for

>Anywhere near as good as the arcade game

Well it's a close as you are going to get for the price. It is essentially big buck hunter but you have a cross hair across the screen and it isn't down the gun aiming

>Reasonable 'quick reflex' accuracy

You can tweak the cursor speed to whatever you like, I managed to get a few marksman awards and some double perfects in the bonus rounds, so not too bad.

But not down the gun aiming unfortunately

>Available in Australia with the shotgun

Not yet, but we need to keep hassling them. With that said it isn't ideal with the zapper but play it once or twice and you get used to it real fast.

Funny thing is I then went and played Buck Hunter Safari in Sydney last week and had my worst game for years, I kept looking for the cursor haha

I played a friends PS3 'move' controller the other day. To me it seems to be remarkably more responsive than the Wii (ie the cursor doesn't seem to lag behind where you're aiming when you move around quickly). I have NFI how it achieves it with just the eye toy and the Move controller (since it has less ability to triangulate IR lights), but it certainly seems like it'll be good for shooters.

The fact that it has a cursor (if it cannot be turned off) will steer me clear of the game unfortunately. I can't stand hold & point cursor-shooting games. At least ghost squad you can turn the cursor off.

So hopefully Buck Hunter will come out for PS3 and allow the cursors to be turned off :)

PS3 is designed for as close to 1 to 1 movement as you can get. It reads your depth and the controller has accelerometers for up, down, left, right, back, forward so it gets every movement.

The Wii was never designed to be that accurate and was more a basic port.

PS and XBOX have the luxury of see what Nintendo had done and then see how they could improve it.

I agree PS3 will likely get a much much better version, though it took how many years to get it on the Wii after play mechanics talking about it at least 3 or 4 years ago.

Either way to me the cursor was the big sticking point, but because the wii will never give you down the gun exact point aiming, then using it without a cursor would be impossible.

If a good version eventually comes out on the PS3 I will certainly investigate. However getting the game for free means it will do me, I just need the better gun peref