Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

keywiz arcade probs

i have a keywiz that wont load credits when i trigger the coin mech door with my finger , I'm at my wits end and ready to take am axe to it. I'm not overly tech minded and cant work it out and need someone to help me.

the only way i can credit it up is to unplug the keywiz and plug in a keyboard hitting 6 a number of times then plugging it back in. I'm hoping there is someone close by who would be willing to spare some garage space and show me how to fix it or fix it for me. I'm happy to compensate with a carton of beer or such

cheers

Wolf

• Administrators

I read somewhere the other day that disabling num-lock is recommended due to some conflicts with controllers and the keywiz :unsure Give it a shot and see what happens. I'd turn it off in BIOS for bootup.

cheers,

brad

cheers for that i give it a shot when i am lot calmer and pc is runing vista with game Ex front end

as the vista is just a temp pc i am using till i can foix one my older pcs with tiny xp and get hypersin front end sussed out and new hardrive

guess worst case is i sell my project cabs and spare pcs with them and get a pinball machine :lol

Wolf

• Administrators

Mate, even MORE moving parts in a pinball :lol

Just a note, check ground on your coin mech.

A good test is to wire the keywiz input to a temp arcade button and see if it works. If it does you know it's not the keywiz or your PC. I know simple stuff but I've fixed any number of really frustrating stuff by going back to basics after going insane for a bit.

what sort of coin mech are you using and how is it connected?

Cheers,

Brad

yer i did that with note pad all buttons worked expect for 2 one player butoons nothing came up :S and player 1 start jams up but thats simply fixed i swap over one my spare p1 buttons off the fat boy cab

as for coin mechs i have no idea as there is no makers marks and there appears to be a daisy chain ground to the pair and the second one has a lose red wire and leads to no where :S that may be a prob

guess what i do over the week end is unsolder the mess on the sticks and buttons replaces all buttons where needed and mircoswitches and re solder them up and re test in note pad and try to find a print out of the key wiz wiring set up

yer there may be more parts on pin but lest then wife to be be happy as it working and if need be we can call the pinball experts or one u guys for help and makes a good excuse for a work/play meet piss up lol

• Administrators

Keywiz wiring here:

http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76_80&products_id=199

The coin mech if basic and not electronic needs 2 wires. One ground and one active which should go to your Insert coin port on the keywiz obviously. If it's anything other than basic I can't help you sorry =(

Let us know how you go.

Cheers,

Brad

just a fast update traced my wiring in the cab and its a flipping mess wires not going anywhere but connected and ones that aint and worked out why it wont coin up if that's the phrase when i hit the cat whisker on coin mechs seems the previous owner decided to jury rig 3 diff wires together and wired them into keywiz

now my next question is buy a new ipac harness /keywiz harness from one the sponsors here or just make my own and what gauge wire is best to use as i be soldering to the micro switch

If you're going to re-wire I recommend the wiring kit offered by Ozstick here:

http://www.ozstick.com.au/prod_wiring.html

All the wires aready have the spade connectors on them which makes connection fast and simple. It caters for 2 player, 6 buttons per player (including coin inputs and all that as well). If I were to do it all over again I'd definately buy this wiring kit.

Is there a reason you want to solder to the microswitches? I found spade bits lock on that hard it's a lot of effort to remove them. If you're concerned about the continuity I wouldn't be - it's only a simple open/closed circuit and a crappy or soldered connection will still work the same. As for the best gauge - 0.12mm?

yer basically as it just the ground wire leading off the coin slots that is stuffed when i did the tracing for the fault and the sticks and buttons are all soldered on already and thought leave it as it is as it seems to work when i did the note pad test

but maybe a re wire is best bet in case of more broken wiring and such

Wolf