Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mgl 12 game 4: Wonderboy

State
    Tasfunkia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    261 Post(s)

Good on ya Brad! Any score is better than no score I too dont really go much on this game, but when i play it, i do enjoy it to a certain extent.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    ! Also I spend most of today configuring my latest project cab with a spinner. Spent a few hours playing Arkanoid, Tron, Tempest and my daughter was playing Pole Position.
    I've thought about adding a spinner/wheel precisely for games like Pole Position + Sprint...From memory sprint also had a 4-speed shifter, which was pretty awesome back in the day, that slam-shift from 2nd the 3rd, how satisfying was it, and drifting the corners, decades before drifting became cool

Dammit, I want a dedicated Sprint cab, that would be something.

State
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1511 Post(s)
    Yeah Sprint had a weird diagonal 4 way gear shift but fantastic game and the cars stuck the track like glue on turning. The drifting corners was awesome in Pole Position and Super Sprint. That's why I'm changing my racing cab from a 270deg wheel to a 360deg. I want some of that old school action

Brad

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Yeah Sprint had a weird diagonal 4 way gear shift but fantastic game and the cars stuck the track like glue on turning. The drifting corners was awesome in Pole Position and Super Sprint. That's why I'm changing my racing cab from a 270deg wheel to a 360deg. I want some of that old school action

Brad
    Brad, I've no experience installing a spinner - does it spin only a certain amount ? What I'm after is a spinner that will keep spinning ie like a top, and then I thought about having a quick on/off wheel that can be mounted directly onto the spinner - for exactly for the same reason you described above, as Sprint was all about spinning the steering wheel to drift, catching it for the straights etc. Anyways dreaming for now...

Updated/adjusted Leaderboard for Kane, Brad, and Wingtipvortex's scores. Overall adjusted points were:

Kane +1
    Foot -1
    Wingtip + 6
    Brad + 5
    Dezbaz -2

State
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1511 Post(s)
    I'll up a pic of my new control panel when I get a chance as I bought this. Expensive but so worth the money and fits into a standard 28mm arcade button hole. The extra beauty is that it's USB AND fits a steering when that just pops on and off. I purchased the 5 or 5" wheel. It's spins forever!

http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/i...roducts_id=268

The only drawback, that you truly want pedals which is what I have in my Pole Position cab. Just need to retofit the 270deg wheel out and the 360deg wheel in.

Brad

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)

Cool, thanks for posting that, looks like perfect solution Would like to see your CP when done for sure!

State
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1511 Post(s)
    Make sure you also get what they laughingly call the "energy storage cylinder". Essentially a piece of steel that's heavy so that inertia keeps it going. I have that and it's what makes it truly spin and gives it a traditional weighty feel

Brad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information