Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burger Time :) Xmass break game.

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)

Burger Time :) Xmass break game.

Alternative Xmas break game for those that don't like brutal button mashing fighters
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

State
    Tasfunkia
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    260 Post(s)
    Ill be in that Mega kicking the shite out of people games don't really tickle my 80s nads

State
    adelaide
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if youre button mashing then youre not doing it right. cant make burger time game two of the xmas break??

State
    Tasfunkia
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    260 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henrybulldog View Post
    if youre button mashing then youre not doing it right. cant make burger time game two of the xmas break??
    As far as read it Henry, its an alternative game over xmas. That being, we can play both Some gamers just don't like MK type of games( i am one of them ). i will give it a go.......but just doesn't tickle my nads, and its nice to have an alternative game to play.

After all, MK was voted out of MGL for a reason

State
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1493 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingtipvortex View Post
    As far as read it Henry, its an alternative game over xmas. That being, we can play both Some gamers just don't like MK type of games( i am one of them ). i will give it a go.......but just doesn't tickle my nads, and its nice to have an alternative game to play.

After all, MK was voted out of MGL for a reason
    +1 as stated earlier and wingtip stated it nicely it just doesn't tickle my nads being an early 80's child and all.

Brad

State
    Ballajura Perth WA
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    483 Post(s)
    Cool, I'm in this one

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1425 Post(s)
    I wondered...before putting MK up as Christmas Game #1.... Would regular MGL'ers want to step out of their comfort zone, and rise to the challenge playing a game they ordinarily wouldn't have a bar of ? Would MGL'ers even want to see how they fared against others, who probably have never played it much, either ? Answer being for some... Gah! A Fighter! Quick, take us back to the 80's

Anyway, that's why I put it up, despite it being nommed out of the regular point-scoring comp. A new non/points challenge not in your normal area of gaming. It's a divisive game though - control wise, and maybe the wrong Era for many here, maybe a mistake to put it up BTW for the record I'm 44 y/o, and only like pre '85 games... platformers/maze/vector games, Fighters never took my coin back in the day, either.

That being said, Burger Time is a cool game and I'll play that too. I'll nominate Dragon's Lair as Alternative Game #2, but probably only I will play it And while we're at it, Monty on The Run for the C64. No wait...

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    Would regular MGL'ers want to step out of their comfort zone...
    Comfort Zone? Seems more like a Panic Room

State
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1493 Post(s)
    Meh, I don't mind people liking or wanting to play it. I personally hate fighters. Always have and I'd say always will. Have I played them...hell yes but I don't like them and I never ever want to get into them enough that I need to learn the button joystick combos to get good at them. I just don't like fighters. To each their own.

It's nothing to do with a comfort zone either. I mean I truly hated Qix (much prefer super quix) but I played it to submit a score. I can assure you that I probably would not have even bothered with MK if it was in the real comp. I am that disinterested in that style of game

Brad

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1425 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taverner View Post
    comfort zone? Seems more like a panic room
    flawless victory !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information