Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mgl christmas game 1: Mortal kombat

Managed 30,000 odd so far:lol But i will persist. Im guessing there are some "special" maneuvers, as i have done some strange things by accident.

Good on ya for persisting :)

I've found that with most characters moving the joystick in a half circle (ie from R - D - L or L - D - R) and pressing [something!] usually does [some stuff] ! Scientific approach, eh ? :D I'd like to hear some tips from the higher scoring players like Henry and Tav.

I'd like to hear some tips from the higher scoring players

Me too, it seems at the higher levels that they dodge everything you throw at them, like they are psychic and know your every move before you do, how can you beat that?

I can often get a double flawless + fatality on the first fight which nets 1,000,000+ from just one opponent, then it goes down hill....

Like most fighters the diagonal jump kick is a good basic attack especially for getting those early perfect rounds. You should be getting 1mil + for the first opponent for a double perfect fatality but I only worry about perfects for the first 2 or 3 fights then its just survival, which is more fun anyway :).

Maybe I just dont know the good oppenings but the computer always seems to be very good at blocking the fireball type attacks anyway so I only ever throw in a couple of random freezes when playing as sub zero, there is a decent pause after doing that type of attack which is a good oppening for attacking because the computer opponents will use them alot, scorpion throws that bloody rope dart if you even think of doing... well anything.

Either way pay attention to that pause, when you're doing a fireball/freeze there's a distance (bit over a jump kick?) where you can fireball and still block in time if the other guy uses his fireball, inside that and in the later rounds you'll often notice them ducking and hitting back... or if fighting scorpion you'll just here 'come here!"

What Sub Zero does have is his slide kick which can get a second hit in while falling, so my two basic attacks are:

jump kick then slide and

freeze, upper cut then slide

I'd guess some of the other characters can do similar second attacks, maybe sonya's leg flip or johnnys shadow kick? but there was a reason why Sub was so popular when this came out.

If you're crounching down and getting hit with straight punches the straight little leg kick is handy to give you room to jump away. The upper cuts are the strongest hit in the game and you can also time them to hit someone attacking you with a jump kick.

Like I said above if anyone is using a cabinet it's nice to get cp wizard or something similar that uses the command.dat so that you can pause and check the moves. Particuarly when a few people are playing, we've used it to have a few seconds each to pick a move or two then we get into it, lots more fun then random button mashing.

The avatar? It's from a music clip Love Is All by Roger Glover. It used to play on the ABC as a filler between shows a lot when I was a kid (mid 80s). I remembered this bizare film clip with a singing frog one day out of the blue and when I tried to find it there was a suprising number of posts and questions about the net by people who remembered it on the abc.

Well that's about the best I could do, had a couple of games with double flawless fatalities for the first two fights but could never get the third. Also never got close to a win in the endurance rounds, still was fun to put some extra time into MK and I'm definitely a better player now than I was a week ago.

Will have to see if I can improve as much with Barak in MK2 next Chrissy ;).

mk5099500.png.0cfac360f15706f30efd5acc051184dd.png

The avatar? It's from a music clip Love Is All by Roger Glover. It used to play on the ABC as a filler between shows a lot when I was a kid (mid 80s). I remembered this bizare film clip with a singing frog one day out of the blue and when I tried to find it there was a suprising number of posts and questions about the net by people who remembered it on the abc.

holy crap that bought back a flood of memories, remember seeing that a lot :o, inspired me to listen to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band at such an early age when finding Mum's Lp's.

Is that the Beatles playing the music?

Edit: yeah whoops, Roger glover 1974, also passed away this year :( missed that bit :redface

Is it an album The butterfly ball ?

Well that's about the best I could do, had a couple of games with double flawless fatalities for the first two fights but could never get the third. Also never got close to a win in the endurance rounds, still was fun to put some extra time into MK and I'm definitely a better player now than I was a week ago.

Will have to see if I can improve as much with Barak in MK2 next Chrissy ;).

You are now rated 3rd best in the world according to TG:o

Where is the difficulty switch? I couldnt find anything in the dip switches when I first started playing so it's all still default settings which I'll bet isn't 5: Very Hard which is the TG settings.

Sorry if other people have been playing it on different settings :unsure It also says on TG that they arent accepting new scores at the moment, I wonder how long that's been on for. Would be interested in trying very hard because I reckon I could beat 5 mil by quite a bit on these settings though I'm going back to trying to get past the enduro matches rather than score now, much more fun and Goro is one of the all time classic bosses imo :).

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Is it an album The butterfly ball ?

Yep concept album based on a poem I think. Here's a thread with people talking about all those ABC fillers

http://www2b.abc.net.au/tmb/Client/Message.aspx?b=57&m=245&ps=50&dm=1&pd=3

There was another one I half remember, it was a black and white cartoon to a song I think it was another singing frog but Im probbaly just mixing that up with this one, either way i was never able to track that one down.

Happy Christmas!

Great score Tav,

No idea about dips, in Mame I don't have the option to change anything, just 'low blows' I assume you're able to punch them in the nads or something?! Don't think it matters though.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!! Hope y'all have a good one, Eat, drink, be Merry!