Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mgl christmas game 1: Mortal kombat

State
    adelaide
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

most if not all that taverner says is gospel. the last paragraph however is greek to me so i cant verify/deny either way. whats with the frog theme tav??

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    The avatar? It's from a music clip Love Is All by Roger Glover. It used to play on the ABC as a filler between shows a lot when I was a kid (mid 80s). I remembered this bizare film clip with a singing frog one day out of the blue and when I tried to find it there was a suprising number of posts and questions about the net by people who remembered it on the abc.

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Well that's about the best I could do, had a couple of games with double flawless fatalities for the first two fights but could never get the third. Also never got close to a win in the endurance rounds, still was fun to put some extra time into MK and I'm definitely a better player now than I was a week ago.

Will have to see if I can improve as much with Barak in MK2 next Chrissy .
    Attached Images Attached Images

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taverner View Post
    The avatar? It's from a music clip Love Is All by Roger Glover. It used to play on the ABC as a filler between shows a lot when I was a kid (mid 80s). I remembered this bizare film clip with a singing frog one day out of the blue and when I tried to find it there was a suprising number of posts and questions about the net by people who remembered it on the abc.

holy crap that bought back a flood of memories, remember seeing that a lot , inspired me to listen to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band at such an early age when finding Mum's Lp's.

Is that the Beatles playing the music?

Edit: yeah whoops, Roger glover 1974, also passed away this year missed that bit

Is it an album The butterfly ball ?

State
    Tasfunkia
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    260 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taverner View Post
    Well that's about the best I could do, had a couple of games with double flawless fatalities for the first two fights but could never get the third. Also never got close to a win in the endurance rounds, still was fun to put some extra time into MK and I'm definitely a better player now than I was a week ago.

Will have to see if I can improve as much with Barak in MK2 next Chrissy .
    You are now rated 3rd best in the world according to TG

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingtipvortex View Post
    You are now rated 3rd best in the world according to TG
    thats right MK

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Where is the difficulty switch? I couldnt find anything in the dip switches when I first started playing so it's all still default settings which I'll bet isn't 5: Very Hard which is the TG settings.

Sorry if other people have been playing it on different settings It also says on TG that they arent accepting new scores at the moment, I wonder how long that's been on for. Would be interested in trying very hard because I reckon I could beat 5 mil by quite a bit on these settings though I'm going back to trying to get past the enduro matches rather than score now, much more fun and Goro is one of the all time classic bosses imo .

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DKong View Post

Is it an album The butterfly ball ?

Yep concept album based on a poem I think. Here's a thread with people talking about all those ABC fillers

http://www2b.abc.net.au/tmb/Client/M...s=50&dm=1&pd=3

There was another one I half remember, it was a black and white cartoon to a song I think it was another singing frog but Im probbaly just mixing that up with this one, either way i was never able to track that one down.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1425 Post(s)

Happy Christmas!

Great score Tav,

No idea about dips, in Mame I don't have the option to change anything, just 'low blows' I assume you're able to punch them in the nads or something?! Don't think it matters though.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!! Hope y'all have a good one, Eat, drink, be Merry!

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Congrats to HB as well who top scored, I take it you don't think the MK defaults are the Twin Galaxies Very Hard settings either .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information