Thread: Mgl 12 game 3: Qix [finished]

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)

Ah ha got it now thanks

New leader up front, 30 minutes remaining!

State
    Tasfunkia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    261 Post(s)
    Cant seem to better my score As for splitting the Qix, i can only get 10% into that level with 2 of them.

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    After I developed a strategy I became too greedy and kept dying very early on, resetting, and getting no-where.

I wish I was better at this, it is a great game, love that it's random and strategy based.
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)

Time's Up!

Thanks to everyone who played and submitted scores. Congratulations to DEZBAZ for taking out what was a close QIX comp. Dezbaz now holds the AA High Score of 77,408 for QIX.

1. Dezbaz 77,408 25 points
    2. Dkong 74,974 20 points
    3. Jammasized 73,162 16 points
    4. Taverner 70,634 13 points
    5. Rat 53,478 11 points
    6. Kane 53,026 10 points
    7. Wingtipvortex 52,280 9 points
    8. Foot 43,680 8 points
    9. Brad 33,230 7 points
    10. Andykmv 26,382 6 points
    11. Tiger8855 21,128 5 points

The MGL will now have a 2-week Christmas break until January 2nd. There will be 2x Christmas games (no points awarded, just for fun) for anyone who wants to keep playing. The first game will be MORTAL KOMBAT which I'll post details later tonight.

LEADERBOARD UPDATED
    Last edited by Jed; 19th December 2010 at 04:21 PM.

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Well done Dez nice score, those points really rack up after the split Qix ( depending how many splits). I went from 55,000 to 74,000 in one game.

Unlucky Jammasized another little red box

Really found myself addicted to this game, very quick game and great fun , kept me coming back for more.

Will spend more time on this game, this would be a great game on a cocktail ( not much time to wait between goes)

Once the first few levels are sussed I think the score would increase dramatically

questions

1. Is there an extra man in this game ?

2. How many splits ( multiplier bonus ) can you do, does it max at 5

3. And does the X bonus carry over after the level after you split the Qix ( If you know what I mean)

State
    Ballajura Perth WA
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    488 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKong View Post
    Well done Dez nice score, those points really rack up after the split Qix ( depending how many splits). I went from 55,000 to 74,000 in one game.

Unlucky Jammasized another little red box

Really found myself addicted to this game, very quick game and great fun , kept me coming back for more.

Will spend more time on this game, this would be a great game on a cocktail ( not much time to wait between goes)

Once the first few levels are sussed I think the score would increase dramatically

questions

1. Is there an extra man in this game ? Nope

2. How many splits ( multiplier bonus ) can you do, does it max at 5 I read it does 9x i think

3. And does the X bonus carry over after the level after you split the Qix ( If you know what I mean) Yes
    Dez

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)

I found that none of the strategies I could find online really worked for me. I'd just split the gamefield almost in two, trap the qix in one half, then do some red filling in, in the other half for points, then work on trapping the quix in a little corner and redding the rest.

I never really got the hang of the split qix levels, my multiplier was always pretty hopeless.

Best I got was a 93%.

State
    Ballajura Perth WA
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    488 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    I found that none of the strategies I could find online really worked for me. I'd just split the gamefield almost in two, trap the qix in one half, then do some red filling in, in the other half for points, then work on trapping the quix in a little corner and redding the rest.

I never really got the hang of the split qix levels, my multiplier was always pretty hopeless.

Best I got was a 93%.
    Back in the day I used to watch the experts capture the whole qix in a 1% area

I have got 99% before, but only part of the qix was in there. The orig game had a glitch which allowed that - as long as the qix wasnt touching the line

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post

Best I got was a 93%.
    I used to do it that way then found using Quadrants much easier, I make a skinny post from the start nearly to the centre, then move either side and do a side one post. Then move around the outer completing four post towards the centre.
    The Qix will move into one of the quadrents and then just join the centre four points ( with slow of course) for maximum red coverage.
    I usually go for just completing the level now and try to get up the bigger multiplier level as the points are lot more anything over 80% is fine with me. I have never done a 90+

Spliting the Qix is building posts again but do them from the side ( left and right) forces the Qix up the screen whilst completing L/R posts with a slow.

Qix will go into separate segments and when you complete the split use fast as no points are rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by dezbaz View Post
    Back in the day I used to watch the experts capture the whole qix in a 1% area

I have got 99% before, but only part of the qix was in there. The orig game had a glitch which allowed that - as long as the qix wasnt touching the line

99%

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information