Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mgl 12 game 3: Qix [finished]

State
    Tasfunkia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    261 Post(s)

Would it be too much to ask if people could leave the tips n tricks posts out until at least a day or 2 after the game has started? Some gamers may like to discover( and have the ability to ) for themselves Just a thought.

State
    adelaide
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the dirty dozen indeed, the games just keep getting filthier. andy you and visy should get a section in the commercial section as i for one have no idea what games you have for sale and whats coming up for sale. must be a melbourne mason's secret hand shake cenario. if mk gets drawn and i hear bitchin ill be citing this game as the standard barer for games that are all bad.

maybe a seperate tips and tricks thread with a spoiler alert. make it happen toto.
    Last edited by henrybulldog; 12th December 2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: cause wingtip loves advise from the cheap seats

State
    Vic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    I nomed this one because it's a great game and the sound is legendary, but I havn't played a whole lot of it. I think it might be one of those games where I'll play it all week and not improve any.
    practice practice practise helps you try out and develop strategies! and i must agree i love the sound on the dedicated cab. i'm gonna miss that sound.
    Last edited by andykmv; 12th December 2010 at 07:48 PM.
    HookedOnDefender,TimePilot,CrushRoller,1942,Pacman [original ghost in the machine!] VIDS: DefenceCmnd, Defender(2),Stargate(2),Joust,Joust2,MoonPatrol,Ph oenix,PolePositionII, Pacman, MsPacman, DKJr, MarioBros, LunarRescue,SegaTurbo,FujiSpeedRace PINS: Gottlieb Gladiators WANTED: Robotron, Sinistar, Maketrax, Timepilot & Defender Pinball! SOLD:Qix,Qbert TRADED:Gorf

State
    Tasfunkia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    261 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henrybulldog View Post
    maybe a seperate tips and tricks thread with a spoiler alert. make it happen toto.
    Don't get me wrong, a guide to games is great, but just not the moment its posted. The learning curve is one of the fun parts imo, just like in the arcade

State
    King Island
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingtipvortex View Post
    Would it be too much to ask if people could leave the tips n tricks posts out until at least a day or 2 after the game has started? Some gamers may like to discover( and have the ability to ) for themselves Just a thought.
    OK...fair call.....but....Some may know this trick??....that puts the others at a dissadvantage....it's only fair that everyone is playing on a level field??

john

State
    Vic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingtipvortex View Post
    ah, so you picked that i was just teasin then and not givin anything away ??
    HookedOnDefender,TimePilot,CrushRoller,1942,Pacman [original ghost in the machine!] VIDS: DefenceCmnd, Defender(2),Stargate(2),Joust,Joust2,MoonPatrol,Ph oenix,PolePositionII, Pacman, MsPacman, DKJr, MarioBros, LunarRescue,SegaTurbo,FujiSpeedRace PINS: Gottlieb Gladiators WANTED: Robotron, Sinistar, Maketrax, Timepilot & Defender Pinball! SOLD:Qix,Qbert TRADED:Gorf

State
    Tasfunkia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    261 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    OK...fair call.....but....Some may know this trick??....that puts the others at a dissadvantage....it's only fair that everyone is playing on a level field??

john

No probs John, i can see your point. I just think that all players need a little time to find out for themselves, whether its by playing or via looking it up on the net( totally up to the individual )
    Just asking for people to refrain from posting it, for just a day or 2 is all.

Not a rule, just a suggestion

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1431 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    john

I agree with Wingtip about the no-no of posting tips/tricks so early in the game ruining the Learning Curve and the fun of discovery. Lexmark has a point though about those that know the trick having an unfair advantage. (never heard of it myself) But now that it's been outed as a game-changer from Day 1, should we outlaw this 'sparx trap' or now is everyone going to play Qix this way - cause they know it gives you an unfair advantage? And where's the fun in that.

I'd rather play it off legit more than trying for high scores via this exploit, that sort of ruins the fun for me, just my opinion though, what are thoughts of others.

Edit update: Now that I've read about the trick it seems hard to do anyway... But now I'm curious and will be trying it out I'd be interested to hear if others think this should be allowed, it is part of the game not a bug/cheat/exploit but can give an unfair advantage so maybe it should be put up to a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by henrybulldog
    if mk gets drawn and i hear bitchin ill be citing this game as the standard barer for games that are all bad.
    MK has already been voted out, so not much chance of that
    Last edited by Jed; 12th December 2010 at 07:58 PM.

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    personally i'd vote to veto the vetos but that's another argument this should be fun I've heard of it but never played a game before so hopefully my cabinet likes it better then the q*Bert roms.

State
    adelaide
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    fcuk it im taking my bat and ball and as cartman would say, screw you guys im going home.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information