Thread: Mgl 12 - game 2: Q*bert [finished]

State
    Vic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DKong View Post
    Noooo!!! This was meant to come up in a couple of weeks when I get my dedicated cab.! Now Andy will hold on to the cab for another week
    man u guys are toast now mwahahahahahahaaha!

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by henrybulldog View Post
    not getting any love with the 8 way on my cab. bring on game 3.
    change it to 4 way and rotate the js 45 degrees. oh wait, thats the dedicated cab setup!
    HookedOnDefender,TimePilot,CrushRoller,1942,Pacman [original ghost in the machine!] VIDS: DefenceCmnd, Defender(2),Stargate(2),Joust,Joust2,MoonPatrol,Ph oenix,PolePositionII, Pacman, MsPacman, DKJr, MarioBros, LunarRescue,SegaTurbo,FujiSpeedRace PINS: Gottlieb Gladiators WANTED: Robotron, Sinistar, Maketrax, Timepilot & Defender Pinball! SOLD:Qix,Qbert TRADED:Gorf

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1425 Post(s)

That little f*cker that comes out and changes the squares back again, is driving me nuts. Where's a smart bomb when you need one ?

State
    Vic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    ok 10,000 for my first crack at it on mame. not worth postin a pic. just starting to warm up.\

EDIT: 2nd crack 14,900 still not good enough
    Last edited by andykmv; 7th December 2010 at 11:45 AM.
    HookedOnDefender,TimePilot,CrushRoller,1942,Pacman [original ghost in the machine!] VIDS: DefenceCmnd, Defender(2),Stargate(2),Joust,Joust2,MoonPatrol,Ph oenix,PolePositionII, Pacman, MsPacman, DKJr, MarioBros, LunarRescue,SegaTurbo,FujiSpeedRace PINS: Gottlieb Gladiators WANTED: Robotron, Sinistar, Maketrax, Timepilot & Defender Pinball! SOLD:Qix,Qbert TRADED:Gorf

State
    Brisbane - Wakerley
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quoted
    489 Post(s)
    I'm playing on a keyboard.

Keys have been reconfigured to

Up/left = T
    Up/right=U
    Down/left=V
    Down/right=N

Left hand drives T and V
    Right hand drives U and N

Too easy
    "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    I'm playing on a keyboard.

Keys have been reconfigured to

Up/left = T
    Up/right=U
    Down/left=V
    Down/right=N

Left hand drives T and V
    Right hand drives U and N

Too easy
    Yep, I'm doing the same except on the keypad - 7,9,1,3. I still do the occasional wrong direction jump off the edge though...

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1425 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Yep, I'm doing the same except on the keypad - 7,9,1,3. I still do the occasional wrong direction jump off the edge though...
    Hehe...when I was playing this with a 4-way stick, I'd be doing that a fair bit.. Switched to 8-way and used dkong's config - no more nasty surprises.

There's something really satisfying about seeing Coily stupidly jumping to his doom...

Getting Better, 25785
    Last edited by Jed; 7th December 2010 at 01:10 PM.

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    Hehe...when I was playing this with a 4-way stick, I'd be doing that a fair bit.. Switched to 8-way and used dkong's config - no more nasty surprises.

There's something really satisfying about seeing Coily stupidly jumping to his doom...

Getting Better, 25785

Glad the setup worked for you as well

Damn level 3 is trickey

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

So not a fan of this game, though thanks DK I've never played it with the correct controls and so at least now Im jumping off the edges less. I thought I had it right the other day and was still struggling, then i reread DK's post and realised I had set them to _____ OR! ______.

So I've finally cleared a stage or two though can't see me being great at this one. Make sure you take plenty of snaps to, these early games with a flashing high score can be a pain .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Taverner; 12th December 2010 at 12:25 PM.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKong View Post
    Damn level 3 is trickey
    I just made it up to 3-4, couldn't quite get to L4, ran out of discs. I think I find L3 easier than L2, not as many balls and 'whatever-the-hell-those-things-are' jumping around. Score up to 55,290.

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    I just made it up to 3-4, couldn't quite get to L4, ran out of discs. I think I find L3 easier than L2, not as many balls and 'whatever-the-hell-those-things-are' jumping around. Score up to 55,290.
    Yes but you have to keep every cube the same colour to complete the level , level 3-1 was ok then failed on level 3-2, full of Q confidence now so going for more around 43,000 so far.

bring it on kane

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information