Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Skill tester troublshoot

Hi guys, just won a Pink LAI skilltester off fleabay, the kind that uses a joystick, not buttons. I plan on replacing the pink mdf with black melamine and replacing all the inserts (control overlay, lightbox) with something cool and custom. The guy tells me that the machine fires up, lights come on, credits are displayed when coins inserted...BUT...nothing works after that...the machine is totally complete with claw and gantry, but they aren't moving at all...Apparantly some people borrowed it for a party, and halfway through a turn, the crane just stopped...they then jammed a total of 11 coins in the coin reciever(dunno how they managed that:unsure), then somehow bent a gantry rail(hopefully I can fix as I'm a boilermaker)he reckons he spoke to a bloke who said it could just be a relay coil, as they quite often fail..just seeking some help on what the problem/s may be? And how much I might be looking at too fix?? From what I've seen, the insides of these machines look pretty simple...

• 6 years later...
I actually have the manual on PDF. If you want me to send it to you tonight mwhen I get home, PM me your email address.

Hi Dave - Could I please have a copy of the manual also? I'm an enthusiast turned owner and my machine stopped working one day with the claw fully extended. Something is up as the music doesn't play and it only plays the " don't shake the machine" sounds when certain characters are on the screen. I am hoping the manual sheds some light into the inner workings and i can repair it.

Thanks

Hi Dave - Could I please have a copy of the manual also? I'm an enthusiast turned owner and my machine stopped working one day with the claw fully extended. Something is up as the music doesn't play and it only plays the " don't shake the machine" sounds when certain characters are on the screen. I am hoping the manual sheds some light into the inner workings and i can repair it.

Thanks

As this thread is going on 7 years old, you may not get a response.

Send him a PM, that way you know he will see your message.