Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Taito Type-X 2 Info

stu

Question

Not going to have this much longer so I thought I would do a bit of a info for anyone interested in this hardware.

Here's the specs copied from the WIKI page

Taito Type X?

* CPU: Intel LGA 775 CPU. Supported CPUs include Celeron D 352, Pentium 4 651, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400

* Chipset: Intel Q965 + ICH8 (dg31pr +ich7

* Video output: 640?480 (VGA), or 1280?720 (HDTV 720p)

* RAM: 667/800MHz DDR2 SDRAM. Supported capacities 512MiB, 1GiB, 4GiB.

* GPU: PCI Express ?16-based graphics. Supported GPUs include ATI RADEON (x1600Pro,

x1300LE) or NVIDIA GeForce (7900GS, 7600GS, 7300GS)

* Sound: Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 channel Sound (supports add-in sound cards)

* LAN: 1000BASE-T 10/100BASE-TX

* I/O ports: 1x JVS, 4? USB 2.0, 1? serial (max 2), 1? parallel port, 2? PS/2, 2? SATA

* Audio inputs: AKG C535EB Stage Microphone, line-in (Surround 7.1)

* Audio outputs: 7.1, SPDI/FX

* Expansion Slots: 1? PCI Express ?16 (used by video card), 1? PCI Express ?4, 2? PCI

* Storage: SATA 3Gbit/sec Hard Drives

Here's some pics

1. Overall system shot. This has been cleaned, when I got this from Japan it was FILTHY....and the CPU heatsink was full of black gunk...so the first thing you should do is clean that out if you get one of these, especially if you have the P4 CPU because it needs all the ventilation it can get.

[ATTACH]20307[/ATTACH]

2. You can see the video card and IO card here. Not all games are supported by some of the earlier video cards. To play KOFXII and SF4 you need the 7900GS video card, none of the other cards will work. To make it more of a pain is that you can only use 1 card, the ELSA Gladiac 979 GS 256MB. You can't just use any branded 7900GS card....the Elsa Gladiac ones are rare as rocking horse shit to get these days, even in Japan...so if you are thinking of buying one of these make sure you find one with the 7900GS card and not one of the earlier ones.

[ATTACH]20308[/ATTACH]

3. The motherboard is branded Taito

[ATTACH]20305[/ATTACH]

4. Rear Panel

[ATTACH]20306[/ATTACH]

5. IO input. Uses the same IO as the NAOMI system

[ATTACH]20309[/ATTACH]

6. Top view. You can see the sticker on the case tells you CPU/RAM/Video specs. You can upgrade the video card no problems, you jsut slot the new one in and it works, just so long as it's one of the supported cards.

[ATTACH]20304[/ATTACH]

You can upgrade the Ram on these but there is no point, it doesn't make any difference to anything, the games run fine on 512MB. Same with the CPU, I upgraded mine with the only dual core cpu supported (the Core 2 Duo E6400) but again it doesn't make any difference from the 3.4GHZ P4 other than the fact it runs a hell of a lot cooler. The E6400 benchmarks a little higher than the P4 3.4GHZ anyways despite being 1GHZ slower....but again each CPU operates the games fine. I did the upgrade simply to prolong the life of the system as P4's like to heat up and kill things over a long period of time.

*There's no 15K output on these, 31K and 720P only.

*Audio output is done via RCA or Optical, it doesn't do audio over JAMMA.

*Power supply supports 110-240v input, so you just use a regular PC power cable.

*The dipswitches do nothing expect for Dip 2 which changes between 720p/31K.

The games come on Hard Drives and come with a Security Dongle. I'll do some pics tomorrow about those.

1 answer to this question