Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Midway - Space Invaders Cocktail Cabinet Overlay

Midway - Space Invaders Cocktail Cabinet Overlay

I finally got around to doing this for Jaympee, I don't think it looks as good as the LAI overlay due to not as much room to play with.

Let me know what you think Jaympee, I can move things around if you like or do something else for you if you prefer.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9012/midwaycocktailoverlaysi.jpg

Edited by RetroBorg

Thats Awsome mate! Love ya work.:D

Wouldnt change anything.

Cheers

Jim.

Glad you like it.

Any idea what would be the best picture format for me to upload it so you can get it printed? JPEG, BMP, PNG, TIFF, Photoshop File?

I would just ask that you print out a cheap black & white copy first to make sure it fits.

I would hate to see you spend good money on printing out the overlay and have it not fit.

Ok, had a flash back last night. Remember one of the blokes at work telling me he was getting into doing promotional type shit in his spare time. Shirts, posters, stubbie holders that type of thing. Showed him design and said no worries. Told him spacies idea and asked for a price 'aww less than $20 I reckon'. He said getting it on the glass without any bubbles could be a hassle thou, so gonna get it on paper first and see how that looks.

$12 for that one!

PDF or Vector best format.

Ok, had a flash back last night. Remember one of the blokes at work telling me he was getting into doing promotional type shit in his spare time. Shirts, posters, stubbie holders that type of thing. Showed him design and said no worries. Told him spacies idea and asked for a price 'aww less than $20 I reckon'. He said getting it on the glass without any bubbles could be a hassle thou, so gonna get it on paper first and see how that looks.

$12 for that one!

PDF or Vector best format.

That's good you know someone who can do it for you.

I've uploaded it here in PDF format:http://www.mediafire.com/?xgyww6hvu2w3k

Very interested in how this turns out.

Cheers.

Phil

Jaympee,

I spoke to the marketing guy at work today as he knows a little about printing, he reckons the pictures needs to be in CMYK, I've done it in RGB. You might want to check with the guy printing your overlay to find out if this is an issue.

Jaympee,

I spoke to the marketing guy at work today as he knows a little about printing, he reckons the pictures needs to be in CMYK, I've done it in RGB. You might want to check with the guy printing your overlay to find out if this is an issue.

A simple rule here mate, anything that won't be printed should be done in RGB. (web graphics, etc)

Anything that will be printed should be done in CMYK.

I learnt this the hard way :(

A simple rule here mate, anything that won't be printed should be done in RGB. (web graphics, etc)

Anything that will be printed should be done in CMYK.

I learnt this the hard way :(

Thanks spacies.

Jaympee,

Looks like I need to convert my photoshop file to CMYK and then save to PDF and upload you a copy.

Jaympee,

I've had lots of trouble uploading a better quality PDF, the file was about 250mb but MediaFire free accounts only allow files up to 200mb so I tried another file hosting site but it kept coming up with server I/O errors so I ended up reducing the quality one step down and it came to about 100MB so I've uploaded it to MediaFire.

You'll find it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?hskp5hrrdui45hm

Should be much better quality than the original PDF I uploaded which was only 1.8mb, let me know if the quality is good enough, if not, I can burn a higher quality one to a DVD and post to you.

Cheers.

Phil

G'day Phil, Paper used is SIHL 3686. He didnt actually change colours at all, just assumed because so different to computer image.

The olivey green of the moonscape looks almost gold now, rusty colour is almost red.

He said size was about half a mm out so didnt change anything.

Inkscape not so easy to use, he recommends Coreldraw.

If you want anything done he has a website you can upload large files to.

Cheers Jim.

p.s. Tried to send this as pm but you are over your limit!!

G'day Phil, Paper used is SIHL 3686. He didnt actually change colours at all, just assumed because so different to computer image.

I do some posters at work and it's amazing how different the colours look printed compared to how they look on the monitor.

The olivey green of the moonscape looks almost gold now, rusty colour is almost red.

On my monitor the colours are yellowy green and red.

He said size was about half a mm out so didnt change anything.

I reckon it's half a mm out because Photoshop uses imperial measurements, I know you can change to metric which is what I have done but if I choose something to be 850mm wide I've noticed when I check later it's 849.97 or something.

Inkscape not so easy to use, he recommends Coreldraw.

Yeah I got a copy of Adobe Illustrator but I have no idea how to use it, I'll have to watch an online tutorial video or something.

If you want anything done he has a website you can upload large files to.

Good to know, thanks.

p.s. Tried to send this as pm but you are over your limit!!

Yeah just got home from work and noticed an email saying my inbox is full, time to delete some old messages.

Cheers.

Phil