Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Off to Warwick tomorrow for the VW drag races (",)

danny_galaga

Very wet on Saturday. They spent more time trying to dry the track than they did racing! Sunday was much better. I only took a few pics, as I only have a 16 meg memory card for my old camera now. I'll post some later as I am house sitting this week. But here's a couple of vids of some scary moments. Many new undies were bought that weekend methinks (",)

[video=youtube;kLTP-FpUwLM]

Cool vids

However if i do a quick survey based on the vids then i come up with....

2 out 3 VWs are unable to drive in a straight line................

A current affair here we come:)

:D

Turns out the green beetle blew a CV joint, hence going straight into the wall. The black beetle? Dunno...

Hmmm, they aren't big on humour over at aussieveedubbers. I posted this pic with the following comment:

"Ok, just had a look at my pics. I have one unique one to contribute. You think Rose had lots of passes, this guy ran all day. I got the stopwatch on him- consistent 28.5 secs all weekend :lol "

I thought it was funny, or is that just me?

AVD has some way too serious VW fanboys sometimes. Still Warwick is a good weekend. Did you see the Manx boys down there?

Should also mention thatbeetles have one design flaw when it comes to speed... They generate positive lift i.e. negative downforce. Not good for sticking the car to the road.

Didn't know VWs were draged....i like it!!:cool:

oooohhhh yeah. very big the in the usa.

Danny what sort of memory card do you need for your camera? it is a compact flash card like this one by any chance

http://images.tigerdirect.com/skuimages/large/Sandisk-16GB-S153-2210-mab.jpg

if so i have a spare 512meg one. if u want it, its yours, for free. just send me a pm and i will post it to you dude:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
AVD has some way too serious VW fanboys sometimes. Still Warwick is a good weekend. Did you see the Manx boys down there?

Should also mention thatbeetles have one design flaw when it comes to speed... They generate positive lift i.e. negative downforce. Not good for sticking the car to the road.

There were STACKS of beach buggies, mostly Manx but one or two others. You can see why too. If you want some reliable fun at the drags, you already have a better power to weight ratio before you even do anything with the engine (",)

oooohhhh yeah. very big the in the usa.

Danny what sort of memory card do you need for your camera? it is a compact flash card like this one by any chance

if so i have a spare 512meg one. if u want it, its yours, for free. just send me a pm and i will post it to you dude:cool:

Nah, not like that. Thanks for the offer though (",)