Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

need some more GIMP advice

should be pretty simple. I have a pic i want to set as my desktop image. Its a PNG and its a verticle rectangle. If i do the standard desktop setting thing, it either gets stretched, centred or tiled. What I want is for it to be on the left hand side. So Im thinking just edit the pic so that is about the size of the desktop with the pic on the left. Being a PNG the extra bit I tack on will still be transparent.

So how do I go about this?

edit: well, that was quick. I actually worked it out myself! I think. I changed the canvas size. just experimenting now...

you could use Image>Canvas Size, resize the canvas the set the offset in the same dialog.

Set the background colour beforehand to have the canvas filled automatically, use the fill option on the newly resized canvas or add a background layer after you are done

Alternatively make a new image at the correct size then drag the layer from the layers menu of the original image into the new image.