Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Import duties. How Much

the import duty is only a small part of the import costs. There is only ONE option and that is to talk to a customs broker as these days customs will not allow anyone to do the paperwork themselves - it must be done by a broker.

The broker will fill you in on all the costs involved, do all of the paperwork and investigation required and will probably only charge you $100~200 max for a single item.

So are you telling me that if I was to buy it & it was shipped here I would have to do other paperwork. I thought it would be just like buying parts etc & they would make you pay duties if it is over $1000 AUD??

You will be stunned at how much extra paprework there is and if you just bought it and said "send it" - you would probably never see it!

Allow around $800~1800 for extra costs (a complete guess)

Talk t a broker - pick up the phone and they probably won't even charge you for initial advice.

Remember - if it was easy (and/or cheap) EVERYBODY would be doing it!

• Administrators

See Woka's Defender import thread Dave. He was stung for a fair bit that the broker did not expect or disclose. He was lucky that the ease of the repair to get it running again made it worth the grief.

Paul (Rollerball), anything to add on this one mate?

Dave

ask them to include all local fees

an overseas shipper is not able to include local fees nor will they be able to do the required paperwork for import.

There is ONLY one way and that is to employ a customs agent - it is no longer possible on your own.

There will be AQIS forms to fill out and if it has a wooden cabinet or is packed with wood or on a wooden pallet you will need a fumigation certificate otherwise you will pay about $300 to have the fumigation done in Australia. There is a lot more paperwork on top of this.

Don't go any further without calling a local broker is my honest advice.

I have recently imported two bike frames from Canada

There were alot of other fees that I did not know about ,other than shipping ,such as Tolls handling fees / custom fees / import duties if they apply / quarantine release fees & some pest spray fee.

I was lucky that i knew some one in the freight import business that got these fees waived :):):)

i had three machines shipped from us late last year and (australian brokers and fees, dutys,unload security, ect )not including freight/shipping costs, and i picked up at whalf ,was about $800 if that helps

Well i just wanted in on this thread...

& to lazy to write it twice.. hence recycled the words..

Hmmmm... shipping... :rolleyes

Try 2 x 40 foot shipping containers.. :o USA to Adelaide.. :blink:

they are due here in Adelaide mid' September, & can tell you from the running quotes i've had (mind you they are not landed yet)

each machine will cost around $350.oo to $400.oo for the freight, customs, local fees + taxes etc..

this could still be high or it may go lower.. but i figger around the mark..

:redface

Edited by RocK-Ozla

It cost me $1600 to import a TOTAN from the US. This was included all taxes (GST was $400) and charges, a crate, pickup and delivery to my house.

OK.. on this "GST" of $400.oo

the machine + USA freight & charges would of cost/value of $4000.oo

Now there would of been a 5% customs duty fee as well = $200.oo

& that would leave shipping to your door at $1000.oo

Edit :- add Note :- GST is payed on the total cost of the machine & any internal cost's of that country..

eg. arcade machine cost $3200.oo + Crate + freight to the port = total $4000.oo .. hence GST is $400.oo

You will not know the Full cost until you talk to a Customs Broker... & do this before you Buy...

The best this to do would be have a Friend of A.A. in the USA "Consolidate" a Full shipping container..

many Australian A.A. members would buy items & have them sent with in the USA to the A.A. Friend

& pay him/her a small fee to store & pack the items into a container once ready..

this could work.. as the friend would be "Consolidating" the Shipment.. & would have your items in storage until all is OK with the Customs Broker..

Your/our customs broker would then orginize the shipping.. they would then put the container at the USA A.A. friends place for packing..

Note:- they do not have side lift truck's in the USA for containers.. so a forklift is needed or a loading bay..

once packed it is then on its way..

Having Friends in the USA Work's... i know..!!!!

Edited by RocK-Ozla

I,m wanting to import a machine from the US. How much do our customs hit you for duties. Thanks

Your in Newcastle give these guys a call. I have found them good to deal with

HUNTER CARGO & CUSTOMS

UNIT 4, NO. 6,

REVELATION CLOSE,

TIGHES HILL, NSW 2297

Phone: +61 (2) 4922-0900

Fax: +61 (2) 4922-0950

Hmmmm.... Duties on pinball machines... Hmmmm...

that would be as we do not make them here..

But watch out as for parts.. as we do make parts for pinball machines here..

William's & Bally copy right's are held here & parts are made here under that licence.. (i had a chat with the owner this morning)

so if you were to bring over more than $1,000.oo worth or parts you "may" need to pay duties..

:blink:

No duty on pins. If you paid it, it went into the brokers pocket.

Posted via Mobile Device

Note :- some items will go under the Free Trade deal we have with the USA..

bingo ;)

Customs Broker.............. just get one..........

in 2 x 40 foot shipping containers i only have 2 x items i must pay customs duties on..

But i have to pay GST on the full load...

& what sux is i have to pay GST on the postage of items across the USA to where my containers were packed...

hence item cost $50.oo + post $20.oo = total $70.oo & i pay the $7.oo GST

Free Trade My Ar$$... they will still get you some how..

Yep... the prices of machines in the USA make it allsound good.. until you try to ship..

the members here need a Good/Great friend in the USA.. to store the machines & items until there is a full container load ready to go..

then get Customs Broker to do his work...

i'll be doing ther container thing again next year.. & my friend/s are holding machines & parts for me until then...

again.. it sounds easy.. but it is a lot of stress & hard work..

there are a few suppliers over there that could put an order together for members.. (but remember it is $'s)

a 20 foot container would cost around $8,000.oo to land.. that would have some cost's inc.. But you would still have the GST on the machines..

But.. you could get 30 + machines in a 20 foot container so each machine would cost between $250.oo & $350.oo for the shipping..

Now that sounds better..

:blink: