Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Professor's new project (gloat, GUIs)

The saga begins again! I'm pretty excited so hopefully you'll all excuse me if I vent a bit here...

So last weekend my good friend Chad Burger and I headed to Mandurah and picked up what is probably a LAI flat-pack Lowboy, housing a Wonderboy PCB. It's in pretty good nick and is going to a good home (mine) to eventually replace my home built 4P cocktail cab that has seen a lot of love over the years but whose time has now come.

Hopefully I'm not offending anyone by saying I plan on using it to house a MAME cab, though I won't be mangling the cab itself and I'll maintain the wood-veneer aesthetic (which I personally fancy). I'll also salvage the internals so they can go to another loving home at some point.

Anyway, for my previous set-ups I've used MameWAH on a low-spec XP or 98 machine with bootskinning, etc. and it runs pretty well. I thought this time round I'd try out Hyperspin, though probably a dumbed-down setup so it can still run on a P4 era box.

I'm lucky enough to have friends with graphics and design skills that I wanna tap (though they might not know it yet..) to make a custom marquee and cp on a yet-to-be-determined theme. I am gonna look into customising Hyperspin - it looks like it's got tweakability up the ying-yang and frankly that excites me greatly.

Has anyone here ever created custom Hyperspin themes, etc? I'm thinking of creating some neat transitions and the layered graphics and psd compatibility looks very cool. I have much to learn.

- Pete