Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

DEADWOOD Season 1 - Tuesdays 9.30pm

ABC2 tonight.

If you've never seen it before, you've only missed one episode so far and it's an easy pick-up from here. Amazing show!

WATCH!! :)

+1

I started watching it after playing through Red Dead Redemption... I was on a western kick and I wanted more!

I only just saw the last ep of season 3 a couple of nights ago, it's a damn shame it got cancelled :(

Highly recommended!

my father in law used to rave about this show. he watched it all on foxtel but I've never seen it. Are there only 3 seasons of it? I missed last weeks episode and I'm at work tonight so can't tape it but I just checked my local library catalogue online and they have the complete first, second and third season so I'm going to put a hold on the first season and watch that and then get the other two!

We need them to start The Sopranos from the start again.

Channel 72 has episodes on (not sure if they started from the beginning but at least there isn't a 12 month gap between seasons this time around.<_<)

This parody by MadTV always cracks me up (the impersonation is uncanny)

(PAX-TV is a "family friendly" station in the US (think Disney Channel).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp4QVYNAFcQ

Channel 72 has episodes on (not sure if they started from the beginning but at least there isn't a 12 month gap between seasons this time around.<_<)

This parody by MadTV always cracks me up (the impersonation is uncanny)

(PAX-TV is a "family friendly" station in the US (think Disney Channel).

YouTube- ‪Mad Tv-The Sopranos On PAX TV Parody‬‎

That was friken great!!!:lol

One of my all time favourite shows...crying shame it got shit canned by the networks at the time (firefly anyone?) great characters, plot, story....another one worth a watch of a similar awesome quality was Rome. Probably not everybodys cup of tea but the characters maketh the show for me!

One of my all time favourite shows...crying shame it got shit canned by the networks at the time (firefly anyone?) great characters, plot, story....another one worth a watch of a similar awesome quality was Rome. Probably not everybodys cup of tea but the characters maketh the show for me!

Never seen Rome, but always been interested in seeing it retro, i will definatly give it a whirl:)

Swengen! :laugh:

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back."

http://www.thesharkbook.com/blog/uploaded_images/al-swearengen-deadwood-749149.jpg

• Administrators
Never seen Rome, but always been interested in seeing it retro, i will definatly give it a whirl:)

Rome is awesome. Historically pretty average (costume wise), but it is a top show with great character. Titus Pulo is the shit.

Dave

C0cksucker!

Thats SANFRANCISCO COCKSUCKER to you mate! :)

Dave

Deadwood was/is one of the greatest shows ever. Yes it only went for 3 seasons which although is a pity was in fact a crying shame as it was only originally schedules to have 4 seasons so they actually cancelled it 1 season early...WHY?????

On that note it actually wasnt even cancelled, they just didnt resign the characters or something liek that. The 4 seasons was to loosly tie in with the actual sory of deadwood the city as it evidently only lasted about 40 years so each season was to encompass basically a 10 year time frame (in theory)

I believe most of this is accurate but its been a while since I was really into it so appologies if there are any slight inaccuracies.

I also remember downloading a audio track called 7 minutes in deadwood where someone had edited out all the swearwords in a 45 min episode and strung em together and it went for 7 MINUTES!! (It was the episode where swerrengin has his dope stolen and mr chong (or whatever his name was) comes into the pub via the front door......and you can actually follow the episode from the 7 minutes or swearwords...HAHAHA)

Anyway RECOMMEND IT GUYS!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Super Moderator

another convert. A mate had been telling me to watch it for a while then I saw this thread and 'sourced' season 1.

holy crap, i have to watch it late at night in the study. half way through episode 3 where wild bill has just told his card playing mate what he thinks of his mouth :lol:lol:lol

some classic stuff.

I'll check Rome out as well, any other sleepers around like this?