Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Power Supply

Junior

Question

Hi All,

Have turned on my Neo Geo machine today which I got from Narf awhile ago

It seems something is wrong, all I can notice is the power supply is trying to turn on and off. The red light comes on, fades off then you can hear a little click

No visual on the screen is coming up

Cant see anything internally different. I made sure nothing is touching with excess wires around from the mother board.

Any help would be appreciated

4 answers to this question

woops good point, there I did forget to mention, Narf kept the motherboard as ive gone down the route of a PC with the arcade vga and jpac

That way i have all the Neo Geo games

Had everything working before no problem, just simply turned on this morning to find it not working.

With or without the PC on it seems to be acting the same. Unplugged some cables which were part of the motherboard i.e. button and light function for the the game select and microphone jacks etc

This appeared to make the light on the power supply to go on and off quicker

After you menetioned that Baker I just went to check the PC and did something very basic and silly

I plugged the vga cable into the onboard pin, and not the Arcade VGA

Problem fixed immediately

/facepalm

<_>

Bwahaha, we've all done silly things like that don't worry mate :) good news that it was an easy fix!

Actually, sounds like your power supply is still resetting itself - if I were you, I'd disconnect the 240V (or get a electrician mate to do it for you!) - it's not good for the PSU to be flicking around like that.