Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - XI Game 12 (Final Game) : New Rally X

Just adding in a score in case I don't get around to it over the weekend. Have only played a little but it does seem like a really fun game. Might be able to sneak in a few late night shots before COB.

I think one of the trickiest parts that I've come across so far is timing the hi score screen to capture!

0009.png.96f326d3d3f481e3b18d3478cb1ff8d0.png

Edited by cartman.tmw
Score update

Just played that clip of Radar Rat Race, my God that music would seriously do your head in!

The Vic20 was a great machine though, C64/128, Amiga, how did it come so badly unstuck for Commodore ? They were miles ahead of their time :unsure

Loved my old c64, first home gaming system for me but in the end did commodore get stuck in the middle? Apple and IBM started doing better PC's and the instantness of cartridges made the sega and nintendo game systems so much cooler for just gaming :unsure.

We had a wood-look Atari 2600 - ultimate cool of the day. We then moved on to a C64 and A500 not long after. Totally skipped the Nintendo and Sega generations until the N64. Don't forget the C64 did have a cartridge slot but wasn't used much once the tape drive came in. I remember playing Wizard of Wor for hours on end on the cartridge.

I remember getting up at night just after we got a C64 for christmas and catching my mum and dad playing wizard of Wor, still one of my mum's favourite games :). I never had an Atari but one of my friends did and his dad had a Pc of some sort, I remember it had a NBA game and all those classic Sierra quest and lesuire suit larry games.

Just played that clip of Radar Rat Race, my God that music would seriously do your head in!

It reminds me how tolerant my Mother was....much more than I am right now with Mr 7yrs grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Well that's me done for the tourny. I'm happy enough with 182k for this one but won't be suprised if the winning score is much much higher, it seems like a very learnable game.

Had a lot of fun playing in the MGL so thanks everyone especially DK for running it. Time to go tick off a few things from the to do list before the next MGL starts :D.

Well that's it for me, Sea Scouts with the young'n tonight so no last minute efforts, hopefully the 219k stands up.

Been a great MGL once again, kudo's to DK, just spewing I missed Slapfight & that Mat Mania didn't come up. There were certainly some top shelf classics this time around with the like of Mr Do, New Raly X, Galaxian, Choplifter, Gun Smoke & Lady Bug. When does MGL XII start :lol

MGL - XI

Game 12 Results

Game 12 And MGL XI are officially over

Thanks to those who participated and submitted scores, well done to Ramere for setting a new MGL hi-score of 219,450 and winning the Rally X Trophy

Results for Game 12: New Rally X

1. Ramere 219,450

25 points

2. Taverner 182,280

20 points

3. cartman.tmw

16 points

4. Rat 168,290

13 points

5. Foot 131,180

11 points

6. kane 119,470