Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - XI Game 11 : Galaxian (namco)

Rode my bike too hard and long and came home tired, played a few games but gave up.

Keep doing well on my first man, getting 40k plus, but then game over about 60k, even though it doesn't seem to be getting harder.

WTF am I not in bed for? good night.

DKong still has a chance, hey wait up I've decided I do want the 5 point bonus for first round score ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Couldn't bring myself to play a game yesterday, having a another crack today.

This game really requires concentration over the whole game, one missed shot can be your undoing, especially when attacking swarms.

The Galaxians like to follow you when they launch there attack so stay in the middle as much as you can to stop the big sweeping attacks.

Every shot counts in this one;)

That's it for me......after a busy day track building I had a couple of games, was doing well, got up to 70k with two men left....game over at 72k F#@K :o

I wanted to crack 100k, but off to work soon, so it's all up to DKong

That's it for me......after a busy day track building I had a couple of games, was doing well, got up to 70k with two men left....game over at 72k F#@K :o

I wanted to crack 100k, but off to work soon, so it's all up to DKong

I actually think this game has ripped a tear in my gaming soul,. :(

I actually think this game has ripped a tear in my gaming soul,. :(

Why's that Dkong?

Managed to crack 20k but reckon i'm done now... Started playing it differently, going on you guys tips ie trying to shoot them in flight mostly, makes a fair diff to your score for sure.

Will be going away for a couple weeks as of this friday so will miss half of the last game :( been a really enjoyable comp this one tho :)

Edited by Jed

Why's that Dkong?

Managed to crack 20k but reckon i'm done now... Started playing it differently, going on you guys tips ie trying to shoot them in flight mostly, makes a fair diff to your score for sure.

Will be going away for a couple weeks as of this friday so will miss half of the next game :( been a really enjoyable comp this one tho :)

Posted via Mobile Device

Its become a chore this week, a quick bash on Galaxian has turned into a marathon :lol Think the alcohol was speaking last night as well:lol

A very plesant game this one. Once you get into it a bit and figure out how they move and improve your shooting accuracy, there is a whole new level of gameplay revealed, as people have said, simple yet complicated.

Yep games may have got prettier over the years but they certainly didn't get harder. I started this comp with all but clocking Slap Fight and now it's taken me until today just to start clearing more than 2 or 3 screens.

Still hate the first level, I think it's just too quiet, gives me heaps of time to F*** up :lol but I still struggle to get out of it without dying. My other problem is the convoys? (Leaders and red ships). Not only do I usually miss hitting all three but I die more often trying to kill them then I do with anything else.

Still happy to get some sort of score up and I've got a hankering to load up galaga now and see if I can beat my modest PB of ~190k :D.

galaxian23930.thumb.png.d33a704094ec771381c82bf220f91125.png

MGL - XI

Game 11 Results

Game 11 is officially over

Thanks to those who participated and submitted scores, well done to Rat for setting a new MGL hi-score of 77,590

Results for Game 11: Galaxian (namco)

1. Rat 77,590

25 points

2. DKong 53,410

20 points

3. kane 25,390

16 points

4. Taverner 23,930

13 points

5. Jammasized 20,060

11 points

6. cartman.tmv 11,310