Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pokie addicts?

What a complete crock.

They say "pathological gamblers were more likely to be gamers".

That's not the same as "gamers are likely to become pathological gamblers" which is what they imply in the headline.

They reckon arcade games turn people into pokie addicts

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't go near pokie machines, they have no appeal to me but I do love arcade machines and pins.:)

Not quite... they are talking about the redemption machines... not good ol' fashion arcade games and pins.

I actually quite agree with this. A good example of this is upstairs @ tech city near chinatown/capitol theatre.

These places are full of jap redemption machines and are pretty close to pokie machines only difference is they don't pay in cash but prizes.

Recently Ive seen pachinko machines there too! These definitely are pokie machines without the cash... I thought they were illegal...

Not quite... they are talking about the redemption machines... not good ol' fashion arcade games and pins.

I actually quite agree with this. A good example of this is upstairs @ tech city near chinatown/capitol theatre.

These places are full of jap redemption machines and are pretty close to pokie machines only difference is they don't pay in cash but prizes.

Recently Ive seen pachinko machines there too! These definitely are pokie machines without the cash... I thought they were illegal...

mmmmmmmmmm

nah i still disagree

when i was a little boy as like the majority of little boys i had a number of plastic pistols and machine guns etc i ran around and played with , so to did the boys in my neighborhood, (all made in china for sure :lol )

none of us now run around with real guns and kill anyone

i honestly believe its just some news reporter who had nuffin else better to do then pick his nose and roll it into snot balls and flick round the office & his boss caught him & told him to come up with a story and what a story it is

the only thing his story is missing is a beginning that starts like this

once upon a time

and an ending like this

and they all lived happily ever after

:lol

+1. Train 'em up young. Make 'em subconsciously think that sitting for hours on end in front of a poker machine is actually fun, so that when they grow up, they can do it too! Of course, most kids won't, but you do everything you can to sell a product. We all see Maccas ads on the telly, most people won't then go straight out and buy a burger, but the idea just sits and mellows in some peoples heads for a while. next time they are out and about and feel peckish...

Yea redemption machines are evil, they are gambling for the younger generation, put lots of cash in, get tickets to prizes out... it's gambling regardless how you try to swing it. Well except that most kids cheat on the machines, but still don't get their money's worth.