Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Star Wars Cockpit Project Starts

It arrived....yay. Just took delivery of Star wars cab for a full resto from Dezbaz. Big thanks again to Dez for help with the shipping. The cab only took a little more damage in transit, not to worry though as I'm going to replace most of the old panels anyway. Even though its been used and abused it still smells like an Atari. In the unlikely event anyone has any old atari bits for a star wars cabs inner workings drop me a line and we'll talk if not I'm gonna have to source all the need bits from ram controls. At least they're available, not to sure how long till the 25" amplifones are going to be ready. Still I got lots to keep me busy till then. Trying to organise some CNC routing time to repro the old sidepanels, will use the originals as a template. Got to make the arches at the same time with a tracing Derrick gave me (did I mention how much of an allround nice guy he is:D). What I really need is a SW pcb. Any leads would be really appreciated. Any way I'm going now to sit in it and make blaster sounds hopefully Red Five will be standing by sometime soon.

I am so glad the cab went to a dedicated Atari Enthusiast.

Pity about Australia, we are Starwars and Vector starved. LAI made a few vectors machines, but never Star wars Cockpits.

I looked up today if yours and mine are American or Irish.

I seems they are both american

Check out Andy's arcade site

http://www.andysarcade.com/personal/unusual/index.htm

The USA Version has a yellow tinge of paint on Darth Vader

It has little screw hollows on the cockpit arches, like my one has.

All the best with the resto :)

Feel free to ask for help.