Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - XI Game 8 : Gun Smoke(World)

BTW DK, was a big Johnny Horton fan as a kid but one day when searching for his songs on Limewire I came accross one titled "I hate niggers". Had a listen & it was hate filled tripe, Deep South US at it's worst. Just can't listen to any of his other stuff with the same enthusiasm these days.

According to the all knowing Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifford_Trahan this song is in fact from another Johnny Rebel. Sounds like a great representative of the deep south? Don't know how well he'd go about sing those lyrics nowadays.

Edited by cartman.tmw
Obviously can't figure out adding links properly

Don't think I'm gonna do much better than this, too gung ho. Maybe I should play without (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance playing in the backround as inspiration (btw said song was also a movie staring non other than John Wayne, Lee Marvin & Jimmy Stewart, great flick).

http://i25.tinypic.com/rh63vd.png

A feeble performance :( I'm not much of a fan of the button-mashing games, so this one didn't have enough appeal to make me play it more than a few times... I can see it looks like a pretty decent game though.

I liked this one, the graphics are nice though I don't like how the cowboy seems to fly/glide about, needed something (maybe a head bobbing or different movement?) to make it feel like he was walking and I stand by my comment that this is a 1940-something game with a new coat of paint :D.

The difficulty level seems to go up a good bit in the third level. I got a couple of nice runs through the second level but got slapped around the bridges everytime I got near them.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g244/spl_photo/games/gunsmoke.png

Had alot of personal issues these last few weeks so have not had time to play the last few games or this one really. Thought I might give this a quick shot tonight to get some points.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g244/spl_photo/games/gunsmoke.png

Had alot of personal issues these last few weeks so have not had time to play the last few games or this one really. Thought I might give this a quick shot tonight to get some points.

Not bad for a quick shot ;) you must of played this one before.

I liked this one, the graphics are nice though I don't like how the cowboy seems to fly/glide about, needed something (maybe a head bobbing or different movement?) to make it feel like he was walking and I stand by my comment that this is a 1940-something game with a new coat of paint :D.

The difficulty level seems to go up a good bit in the third level. I got a couple of nice runs through the second level but got slapped around the bridges everytime I got near them.

Reminds me more of Ikara Warriors which I think used a twisty joystick for its direction of fire,

This game would of worked well with that setup and maybe played better.

Used to love Ikara warriors, but without the right joystick not really playable on MAME

Yes :lol

well you should be fine for the next game :D

Edit thought this game would of found a few more people liking it ,seemed to have lived up to its arcade rep, hard game maybe.

Oh well as Eddie says locked in now with the scores :)

MGL - XI

Game 8 Results

Game 8 is officially over

Thanks to those who participated and submitted scores, well done to Rat for setting a new MGL hi-score of 360,900

Results for Game 8: GunSmoke

1. Rat 360,900

25 points

2. DKong 157,700

20 points

3. Taverner 124,850

16 points

4. cartman.tmv 117,400

13 points

5. spl 114,300

11 points

6. Ramere 98,450