Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

TMNT CPO

Hello all,

Reviving this very old thread in an effort to find someone with the cpo artwork style WITHOUT the black areas around the instruction cards. I have already contacted both Spriggy and Gibo from this thread and both have replied. Spriggy told me he gave all the art files to Gibo, and Gibo replied sorry mate can't help you. So it would seem neither of these members any longer have files for this version of the cpo. I have found files with the black area around the instruction cards already.. but I would really like a version with art behind the instruction cards ... like this :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]114682[/ATTACH]

There is a straight US version available, but to use that one will have the instruction cards cut through.

If anyone has the file I'm after or knows of anyone who can make a copy please post info here so that the AA community may all be able to make use of it.

Cheers

Someone over at BYOAC forums posted the CPO file with just the background. Also there are the other individual elements needed to make the CPO. See here: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,154739.0.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

OK, I’ve been on the hunt for artwork also, I got lucky and found a mint condition original overlay and also a new old stock player start button graphic.

I’m happy to scan for others but don’t have a scanner big enough. If someone in Melbourne has a scanner big enough, I’m happy to bring them to get scanned for others.

8B6A993A-3254-4473-A3BA-5B9B500ED6F6.thumb.jpg.106418d17334ab709c5a24f9bc97d0b9.jpg

• Like 1

OK, I’ve been on the hunt for artwork also, I got lucky and found a mint condition original overlay and also a new old stock player start button graphic.

I’m happy to scan for others but don’t have a scanner big enough. If someone in Melbourne has a scanner big enough, I’m happy to bring them to get scanned for others.

That’s awesome dude. What I’ve done with CPOs and side art in the past is take them to any old Officeworks. I think they use a feeder scanner of some sort. It’s a lot cheaper than your own time flatbed scanning and stitching!

• 2 weeks later...
Got lucky last night, was cleaning a damaged CPO and notice some purple underneath. I originally bought this CPO for the one purple joystick that was included for $60. Pretty stoked to find a perfectly preserved CPO for TMNT by LAI underneath. I'm off to officeoworks to Scan tonight, can anybody host the file if I send a copy via dropbox?IMG_8030.thumb.jpg.74cb789da461fc36f410920864d4cbcb.jpg

• Administrators

Officeworks SHOULD be able to scan as A3 in 2 parts, but as Dez said I would be surprised if they have a scanner to do it flat in one pass.

If they do it as 2 A3s make sure there is plenty of overlap.

Dave

I can 100% confirm officeworks cannot scan it. I got the to try scan the player button (NOS) I have also to share, but the rigid control panel wont go through their machine. If anyone has a large flatbed scanner I'm happy to use my control panel and also an original, brand new LAI player select sticker.

• 4 months later...
I'd also be interested in the art file if someone has worked out a way to scan it? I thought office works could. I asked them to do a Forza poster for me a while back and the lady said no only because it has a trade mark logo on it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd throw in my 2c to this thread. I've got some scans that I worked on from 2006 while Arcade King was restoring his TMNT:

So I have a scan of the original (terrible) LAI CPO, a scan of the repro US CPO and then I updated the LAI (black border) version with the nicer US CPO.

z1FNuWfw7hysW0Oeoc-XFwGKAN9Dj30FCKpu2dKt1uGo9n16_5-z6rEIF-CKmI6kJuSTKsZr3ZWJ95ez8KYjxd9gT5sEO1dBxK2-PRY025oaO_E1R_t2bMkCyDz4CFb6pbSYnh-QaRrqMC52kIki4KH9OcUFLnbJRpFDuiauHFbAzKL0KwsoVax7vVnaDcJKs33mMpTrop88FTAa6DCuDFoVVFAA1492LY81rJr9RpgsTjxzLq0bzXDBfczVJwJcZlDfuOL73beogkGtOJa7DcXZ5LsScXPf0s6lLZ4qFpjBqDbaF-eQ_CD3tGMBu1unGn6l3J2ll-3c6eg6xcjcERVozSpZgh0f2gAuSxjF8hFwjRMIJCCRbLD0A3NnZUeU7KOEDL_VrgtnMXoMouPU94o9qr9ia4aiN-4DxiLigjvpi7OpUyDHcwGQJOHzLj1swMRZ__yQgfSg_joS_bIRkqyYMPAiIAn3cagf53wwJ448zE5uFPKIgoaJ5QXiRznXzAe6HmraWMPMa-vF-kklVfCwLfCkLitxoiHFuwISNbmXjKZdOIfYCdk_RtOpGnw8gRDh=w963-h362-no

CUQm0AsDL4lbswFQ-IhMxV82H87P7s2Seko9kaODnTRcdhbJoltKDtCv0le2GjsxxyiadLwSZRxJo6kgs34fXYRnoeMKADoLK45UX49RV1ZyQ-QzlnmQWlP4qtGYRK1lMaA3ea6cLsgTsxabfm__veugPx-9Q_vRPRZPiETKPqNsJOxEUpJon99eVfWJrR69vpBOxw4qyqRXUEqcnSl0Q9iWn3uXzaBK3zIOD2Zcnc6zFhLN5L87Mkz5tvpqG_IZhfFzBwvlb86f2i-nSxDnIKiPiEjBxvBGuzz-SRY7mJ2icVfp4GIK4wy6R03ip9iWK9w2Ihpm6CqfCpxuhcRF8Hz3rTopd-h3ObT07m_qW-1D_PgZDIdSscqxm3Qlzo9QfprCibvBP6h_YNvYOshS6CVxDn_D4zHgZASKr0Ht9KMa6Pam9q_wh34uEBZFRQvcQxCEeV3xojUYQ7jqdGLe1ma4QX-NoyHe2QDnATO4iQbPxZHQ5kS10EHV2-7jDaQgWY_DCz8zXUzHACcr7EEXsYTMygvrOa9Pa8ebtC6f9Teqzs4woJ1ZhwPAXU1zqqYbkJu8=w963-h362-no

p905wIaZ8BF3TR-QpLRXkB8rp7WF_B7IaiajuNCWd5yFPxDnBDgk828B88lL2pQ4KJL3bP5sX3KcOR_RdX4h4PrPJTijKX8KHsKp3bNFyfpG0AsJwWGQqYwkL-l0oYu0NKVSky-IuO4LEILBz_Ef8Vr0eEqwHJexojYfnVrXWCpflrknjE20uiwF9H1b3m1woYRa0eqZ9ymRL03wtxoNJZ3cCmN0Z2a0qGKkqyxDK1DQpqwceIJcUOb1yeHD2FlPGwjaGBEvmjWRxysrXpfE3zy8pZKdVcxL5nG4rFT-Ljq_p7BmwGRZ0WW_wbhG2L82ka4WsoFCeLm6Gyo4dlbhma5P9Q5X_yGPR_s1ObetCWxJxg-WpefxwJtnSRRB21XOl_fMAXObsDgEEwAdn-cU2TQZuDkxB1s1ri-C-TBQt-emjAaHa4CsQ49C1hXaEGVA92PUt5ZF2mIhCoQXIUXgYes4pnlJQqGwh0bTNAUP0OwmUV5D4rXmeq5KUsv0PThWHPKLZVFDbQbElPIQn7fwXt84fCre262-6uD2OZ7rwc4Mgd5Zgw8eaamgJNwyrjwk57j1=w791-h304-no

I can share the original scans if someone wants to make a borderless version?

More pics etc and PDFs here:

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/34509-TMNT-LAI-Artwork-Resource

LAI_version_layers.jpg.c48e16f673e2add5c57d343cff9cce37.jpg

Hybrid_final_rev1.png.d3ea2e75713e4512c36a415a2fd6666b.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.

Was having a chat with @FLAIMBOY about Turtles In Time LAI. Has sparked some interest and curiosity for me now.

Was wondering if anyone had any better pics of the CPO , as well as knew what marquee was used for LAI Turtles In Time. I would imagine in most cases, LAI would have sold a conversion kit to operators for current TMNT cabs (in cases where they werent selling brand new machines as Turtles in Time to begin with)

I tried to PM @Not Matt , as he had a couple pics here, however inbox is full. Wondering if he ended up selling it, still for sale, or got a chance to scan a copy in.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/3278-Real-or-Fake-Turtles-in-Time-overlay

Yes a bit ugly on LAI's behalf, but cool to have as a second control panel.

I used to go to an Arcade years ago up the central coast NSW, called Play N Games. Their machine also has the Turtles in Time CPO. I remember the marquee was Turtles in Time as well, though no idea if it was an LAI job or if they used the same as the USA machines for the marquee.

I tried to ring them, but no answer. I called the shop next door, who told me that they are only usually open some weekends and school holidays *shrug*

I went there a couple years back but my memory is so faint of what the marquee was, but i do remember it was Turtles in Time.. I remember asking if the machine was for sale and the operator said the tube neck was physically snapped and broken, machine didnt work anyway (unsure if additional fault) and wanted around $3000 mark, as-is at that point in time.

A facebook page only had this picture in the background which shows same overlay as above - basically LAI altered the normal TMNT one and added the 'Turtles in Time' logo. Unfortunately no pictures in the background of what the marquee was. Would love to know if LAI made up their own marquee or not.

With the addition of the thread listed above, this is the only pic I could see - marquee not shown of course.

424484_10151198788391691_326500829_n.jpg.13f4b6d691ce8bfd97c2bdfed78ad992.jpg

So cold Laminating is like this?-

U print a normal cpo that never looks quite right as it doesn’t have the thick Matt Mylar laminate on the top- then u bond that to a think Matt laminate to it- then u apply to your cp using wet method?.

If so this is brilliant and I had no idea this cold be done, I maybe mistaken but I was told that originally the prints were screen printed to the back side of the Mylar they adhesive added then applied to the cp. so this process would be as close as possible to the real deal and is unreal!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

So cold Laminating is like this?-

U print a normal cpo that never looks quite right as it doesn’t have the thick Matt Mylar laminate on the top- then u bond that to a think Matt laminate to it- then u apply to your cp using wet method?.

If so this is brilliant and I had no idea this cold be done, I maybe mistaken but I was told that originally the prints were screen printed to the back side of the Mylar they adhesive added then applied to the cp. so this process would be as close as possible to the real deal and is unreal!!

Well u probably wouldn’t need to use the wet method to apply to the cp as it would be quite stiff and take away chance of bubbles.

Okay. So some photos of LAI's TMNT Turtles In Time artwork. Courtesy of @Kombi , who kindly ventured into Play N Games to take a couple pics!

@FLAIMBOY this is what they look like.

Appears LAI used one of the US marquees, with the exception of adding the LAI logo on it. The CPO is the same as the normal TMNT LAI one, with 'Turtles In Time' wording edited in.

I guess if someone really wanted that CPO, could get the logo from the below link and edit into a normal Turtles CPO

https://segamadebaddecisions.wordpress.com/2013/10/17/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-turtles-in-time-artwork/

Whilst more rare here in Aus, I personally think the standard TMNT LAI art is nicer on both marquee and CPO :)

TIT1.thumb.jpg.eb980c793ee865ded4acc0e1ff2b8511.jpg

TIT2.thumb.jpg.9edf8fd2b2e2f8aee6066f3d5ab46358.jpg

TIT3.thumb.jpg.34ac2a993cac3385f90f0432badd976f.jpg

Strange. Maybe they made more than 1 overlay. This pic is from another thread, showing an 'In Time' overlay from LAI on a sheet, assuming as a part of a 'conversion kit' from LAI

DSC01617.jpg.a66610f9fd7a4603affde74d4bc3f3a1.jpg

if anyone had any other variants, post em up would love to see.

Edited by mrjamma