Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MGL - XI Game 7 : Lady Bug

State
    Brisbane - Wakerley
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    The bonus in the middle isn't worth chasing for the 1st several levels, if you get it great, otherwise you just increase your chances of getting killed.

Other tips, mmm I gunna regret it I know but

1. ALWAYS get the love hearts when they are blue - BEFORE you get any letters. This gets your max points up to 5X
    2. Eat the letters when they are the corresponding colour to what word your trying to spell.
    3. I always try and spell EXTRA 1st so if E, I, T come up then I eat the E and T when they are yellow. These score 5X 300 (1500) if you followed step 1. Eat the I when it's red and score 5X 800 (4000)
    4. Once you have a letter in the word "extra" and it comes up again then eat it when it's red and score 5x 800 on it as well.
    5. Spell extra and the pattern finishes, you get another dude. Spell Special and the pattern ends and you get a free game (who cares)
    6. The bonus gets worth shitloads in the later paterns and is worth the risk.

Goodluck!

The pattern after you get an extra always seems harder, fast little ****ers
    "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    The bonus in the middle isn't worth chasing for the 1st several levels, if you get it great, otherwise you just increase your chances of getting killed.

Other tips, mmm I gunna regret it I know but

1. ALWAYS get the love hearts when they are blue - BEFORE you get any letters. This gets your max points up to 5X
    2. Eat the letters when they are the corresponding colour to what word your trying to spell.
    3. I always try and spell EXTRA 1st so if E, I, T come up then I eat the E and T when they are yellow. These score 5X 300 (1500) if you followed step 1. Eat the I when it's red and score 5X 800 (4000)
    4. Once you have a letter in the word "extra" and it comes up again then eat it when it's red and score 5x 800 on it as well.
    5. Spell extra and the pattern finishes, you get another dude. Spell Special and the pattern ends and you get a free game (who cares)
    6. The bonus gets worth shitloads in the later paterns and is worth the risk.

Goodluck!

The pattern after you get an extra always seems harder, fast little ****ers
    Cheers mate now I just have to stop pressing the fire button

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

Ok its a start 16,000 off my personal best, plus it's now medium instead of easy.

It's Bug time!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DKong; 12th July 2010 at 08:09 PM.

State
    Brisbane - Wakerley
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Med makes it much harder as the little shits seem to become a lot smarter
    "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1405 Post(s)
    Off topic, but any Wii owners hear about the retro-goodness coming soon ? Rebooted versions of NBA Jam, Donkey Kong Country, and Goldeneye.

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1272 Post(s)
    Thought I was doing OK, but then realized I had the dips set on easy, no time to play now till Sunday.

Good game, the maze spinners make it much more strategic. I remember playing it on colecovision at a friends place, it was arcade perfect, what a system

State
    Tassie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    Thought I was doing OK, but then realized I had the dips set on easy, no time to play now till Sunday.

Good game, the maze spinners make it much more strategic. I remember playing it on colecovision at a friends place, it was arcade perfect, what a system
    My mates had an Atari & thought they were the Kings but when my brother got a coleco they became mere Barons....

Not a game I spent much time on in the past as it rarely made it to the local milk bar but we loved it when it was there & it is good frustrating fun.

Doubt I will get any better than this although I'll give it a red hot go!!!

State
    Perth
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For the record - I hate this game

Anyway, my reason for selecting it was because it's my wife's favourite game (played on the Colecovision rather than arcade) and this is about all she plays on the machine. I figured if it did come up it would force me to actually try to play the game well and at least challenge her hi scores!

At the rate I'm going I don't think she has too much to worry about.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cartman.tmw; 12th July 2010 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Inching along!

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

Just had a few games and managed 58,540, not sure what screen/part it was but the Bugs were fast!

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKong View Post
    not sure what screen/part it was but the Bugs were fast!
    The bugs are already fast on the first screen! Don't think I have got more than about 12,000 yet...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information