Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gonks!

Somehow, my wife & I got talking about Gonks. You know, those furry toys that inhabited skill testers in the 70's and 80's. Anyway, here's a picture for those who think I'm making this shit up!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d4/Gonks_from_Australian_fairground_in_late_1970s.jpg/800px-Gonks_from_Australian_fairground_in_late_1970s.jpg

Somehow, my wife & I got talking about Gonks. You know, those furry toys that inhabited skill testers in the 70's and 80's. Anyway, here's a picture for those who think I'm making this shit up!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d4/Gonks_from_Australian_fairground_in_late_1970s.jpg/800px-Gonks_from_Australian_fairground_in_late_1970s.jpg

I sat in the big hall and put my packet of Polos on the desk. And my spare pencil and my support gonk. And my chewing gum and my extra pen. And my extra Polos and my lucky gonk. And my pencil sharpener shaped like a cream cracker. And three more gonks with a packet of Polos each. And lead for my retractable pencil. And my retractable pencil. And spare lead for my retractable pencil. And chewing gum and pencils and pens and more gonks, and the guy said "Stop writing, please"

Neil from The Young Ones :)

Matthew

• Administrators

We called em bunyips Dave, but same-same.

Ah, the good ole days, when you were excited to get a toilet roll with some shitty fake fur and a couple of plastic eyes glued to em. No "hello kitty" clutch bags in the skill testers from the 80s!:lol

Dave

• Administrators
Girls especially used to love them. Was the done thing to win one (or more) for you girlfriend. Ahh... the heady days of young romance! :laugh:

Errr, was that "romance" or "spade work" Dave?? It's a fine line.

Dave