Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - XI Game 6 : Mr Do!

I've kind of been waiting for this game to come up because I've never really given it a good play despite it's reputation, but damn is it hard.

I do bad at Mr. Do. Do you do what I do when doing Mr. Do?

Edited by kane

I've kind of been waiting for this game to come up because I've never really given it a good play despite it's reputation, but damn is it hard.

I do bad at Mr. Do. Do you do what I do when doing Mr. Do?

I do the same thing, but to do what you did do on Mr do would be saying I should not do what you did to do :p

Managed to do a full loop, unfortunately I got there on my last man and did what I always do with no lives left, run about screaming trying to get a few more points and then dying in stupid ways. Then I noticed I was back on screen 1 and might have done a lot better.

Hit 200k :)

Newfound respect for the DOod, I liked it back in the day but was never armed with the knowledge. Thanks heaps to Monojoker for the play tips, playing for the extra man (which I previously just ignored) makes a huge difference to your potential score, though it's a double edged sword, tend to die a lot trying to get the extra as well. This was the most enjoyable week so far of this MGL for me :D

Just could not get through my brick wall:lol For me, most fun game this MGL. Classic arcade with multiple ways to get frustrated, and as Dk said to me today.....short game, so its no problem starting over:)

I have been playing the last few hours, just one more game:lol, was getting over 100,000 then just doing stupid things:rolleyes

153,500 was my best, time for a new game eh!

MGL - XI

Game 6 Results

Game 6 is officially over

Thanks to those who participated and submitted scores, well done to MonoJoker for setting a new MGL hi-score

Results for Game 6: Mr Do!

1. MonoJoker 300,850

25 points

2. Ramere 211,500

20 points

3. Jammasized 210,350

16 points

4. Rat 179,500

13 points

5. wingtipvortex 173,200

11 points

6. Foot 157,250

10 points

7. DKong 153,500

9 points

8.SectionZ 140,500

8 points

9.Taverner 135,500

7 points

10. kane 105,300

6 points

11. gameroom 35,200

5 points

12.oldschool64 27,900

4 points

Leaderboard has been updated

+1 on the score MonoJoker well done, you are now in the MGL hall of fame :D

Thanks all, I remember after I first joined seeing the high score list and going and playing Mr Do and posting a score. Didn't realise it was the MGL tournament high score list so looked a bit of a knob when I was told you can't just submit scores... :redface

Been really looking forward to it coming up on MGL and I'll admit that 300K was up there with my best scores ever, couldn't better it with a few more goes on the weekend.

Cheers

LT.

Thanks all, I remember after I first joined seeing the high score list and going and playing Mr Do and posting a score. Didn't realise it was the MGL tournament high score list so looked a bit of a knob when I was told you can't just submit scores... :redface

Been really looking forward to it coming up on MGL and I'll admit that 300K was up there with my best scores ever, couldn't better it with a few more goes on the weekend.

Cheers

LT.

Thats weird because I thought we made it OK to submit scores to the MGL high score list at anytime. ( will have to check if there was an amendment somewhere :) )

We were doing that in between MGL's occasionally not that it really caught on.

Oh well your score is immortalised until it comes up in the MGL again;)

Good to see you back playing again any reason you missed the first half :unsure or did I just stuff up the Leader Board :unsure

I remember after I first joined seeing the high score list and going and playing Mr Do and posting a score. Didn't realise it was the MGL tournament high score list so looked a bit of a knob when I was told you can't just submit scores... :redface

As far as i know you can post any highscore you achive in any game, anytime? Check with Dk though first. I know i have posted CrazyKong scores before. Tis a separate list though

As far as i know you can post any highscore you achive in any game, anytime? Check with Dk though first. I know i have posted CrazyKong scores before. Tis a separate list though

I always thought that was the case as well as per my comment a few seconds before you above :D

If someone wants to bash a game for a while using Twin Galaxies Dips and post a score , it is fine by me.

Did we have a thread for it specifically WTV :unsure

I always thought that was the case as well as per my comment a few seconds before you above :D

If someone wants to bash a game for a while using Twin Galaxies Dips and post a score , it is fine by me.

Did we have a thread for it specifically WTV :unsure

Only this one....http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=13631

Watching a generic episode of ER right now, and believe it or not there is a dedicated Defender cab, and a dedicated MR DO CAB!!!:lol:lol:lol

Only this one....http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=13631

Watching a generic episode of ER right now, and believe it or not there is a dedicated Defender cab, and a dedicated MR DO CAB!!!:lol:lol:lol

Ah ha! I missed that post, sorry MonoJoker anyway you kicked your own personal best ;)

so yes you can submit a current score to the MGL Hiscore of fame within the Twin Galaxies rules ( dip switches only ;) ) We trust you.

Thats weird because I thought we made it OK to submit scores to the MGL high score list at anytime. ( will have to check if there was an amendment somewhere :) )

We were doing that in between MGL's occasionally not that it really caught on.

Oh well your score is immortalised until it comes up in the MGL again;)

Good to see you back playing again any reason you missed the first half :unsure or did I just stuff up the Leader Board :unsure

No mate I've just been busy at work and several trips back east. I'm only in Perth for another few weeks - was always only a temp secondment from Brisbane. Unfortunately that means I'll probably never catch up with you guys for a meet but them's the breaks :( The positive is that once settled in Melbourne (again for work) I should have more time for MGL.

I have been trying to play a few of each game to post a score at least but failed. The first 3 games gave me problems running. I think I'm really going to have to get off my arse and upgrade from v1.00 MAME so I get better compatibility with roms :rolleyes

Cheers

LT.