Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Post your ride..Past or present

BrissyGuy

I love capri’s. I’ve had v6 and v8’s. Probably why I’m broke now. Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. The reason your broke now is pinball

I would love to have a capri , torana, 2 door gt or some other sitting in my garage. But the prices of those are stupid now. Same as pinball when you think about it

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post your ride..Past or present

No. The reason your broke now is pinball

I would love to have a capri or torana sitting in my garage. But the prices of those are stupid now. Same as pinball when you think about it

Torana is my second, or first, but other one in the garage too

Been a good week car spotting for me. Ive seen a SLR5000, A HT Premier with a rather healthy V8 in it but every other part dead stock including the wheels and hubcaps and lastly tonight, an absolutely beautiful black HQ 2door with a lot of cast iron sticking out of the bonnet. Cast iron vacuum cleaner that was...music to my ears...:)

Now the bad news and why I gave up on cars myself. My mate has an immaculate 304ci California corvette early 70s model I'm pretty sure it is.

He decided to take it for it's normal 1 month drive just to keep everything ticking over, come to a roundabout and the brake pedal went straight to the floor. He says he went back to 1st gear and then reverse to stop it and fortunately hit nothing but now he is suspecting gearbox damage but can't tell till he replaces the master cylinder.

That is exactly what I found with cars that don't get used. You don't work the parts regularly and they break through non use.

I've got the same problem in Boat sales. People don't use them and say its time to sell. A boat has a mechanical engine and drive and steering but so often boats get dumped on us as they haven't been used or ticked over for as much as a year.

I try and go out on the water and run them on a schedule just to turn them over till up to operating temperature but some owners don't give a frig - just sell it they say. It does help a heap if they start and run I say to them.:rolleyes

- - - Updated - - -

Had a HD with a 192 engine not long out of P plates and a couple of HQ vans. What a great era then. Going to the drive-ins, cruising with the tailgate up, going camping and all you needed was a good fire, some port, Tom Pipers jaffle fillers and a tarp in case it rained. Happy times indeed

Been a good week car spotting for me. Ive seen a SLR5000, A HT Premier with a rather healthy V8 in it but every other part dead stock including the wheels and hubcaps and lastly tonight, an absolutely beautiful black HQ 2door with a lot of cast iron sticking out of the bonnet. Cast iron vacuum cleaner that was...music to my ears...:)

Now the bad news and why I gave up on cars myself. My mate has an immaculate 304ci California corvette early 70s model I'm pretty sure it is.

He decided to take it for it's normal 1 month drive just to keep everything ticking over, come to a roundabout and the brake pedal went straight to the floor. He says he went back to 1st gear and then reverse to stop it and fortunately hit nothing but now he is suspecting gearbox damage but can't tell till he replaces the master cylinder.

That is exactly what I found with cars that don't get used. You don't work the parts regularly and they break through non use.

The Corvette would be a 305 if its an '80 model California car ( RPO LG4 ) , all other states were 350. Same shape from 68-82, just the bumpers an various options varied.

The master cylinder is probably a PBR in the 1980 model, im not sure when they went to PBR brakes in the Corvettes, certainly was by the 84 model ( infact the VR Commodore and AU Falcon used the exact same Australian made PBR plastic brake booster as the 84-96 model Corvettes ) . PBR brakes on them are made in Australia, so if it is a PBR itll be worth looking around here before going overseas.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. the trans should be fine, if its a California 305 they all had the THM350, and unless it was rooted to start with, itll be fine.

The Australian made brakes did come in 1984, but still worth a look at what might fit.

The Corvette would be a 305 if its an '80 model California car ( RPO LG4 ) , all other states were 350. Same shape from 68-82, just the bumpers an various options varied.

The master cylinder is probably a PBR in the 1980 model, im not sure when they went to PBR brakes in the Corvettes, certainly was by the 84 model ( infact the VR Commodore and AU Falcon used the exact same Australian made PBR plastic brake booster as the 84-96 model Corvettes ) . PBR brakes on them are made in Australia, so if it is a PBR itll be worth looking around here before going overseas.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. the trans should be fine, if its a California 305 they all had the THM350, and unless it was rooted to start with, itll be fine.

The Australian made brakes did come in 1984, but still worth a look at what might fit.

Funny, I said to him it was a 305 but he swears it is a 304. As for the tranny, if they were all Turbo Hydro350s, his was changed to a manual. A T5 I think he said but I'm not absolutely sure.

I don't know how fast he was going when he selected 1st gear in it but it slowed quickly but then he went into reverse, only then did it stop dead. He says NOW he will fix the faulty handbrake as well.

By the way even if it was a TH350, if those boxes are like TH400s like I had in my 350ci ute, you can't select 1st gear over about 40km/h. The shifter allows it but the hydraulics in the box doesn't. Used to be a neat trick in my ute pulling the shifter back to 1st at high speed, it would immediately drop to 2nd gear until about 40km/h and then would compression slide dropping into 1st although I did a have a shift kit and a 3500rpm high stall converter in it.

Funny, I said to him it was a 305 but he swears it is a 304. As for the tranny, if they were all Turbo Hydro350s, his was changed to a manual. A T5 I think he said but I'm not absolutely sure.

I don't know how fast he was going when he selected 1st gear in it but it slowed quickly but then he went into reverse, only then did it stop dead. He says NOW he will fix the faulty handbrake as well.

By the way even if it was a TH350, if those boxes are like TH400s like I had in my 350ci ute, you can't select 1st gear over about 40km/h. The shifter allows it but the hydraulics of box doesn't. Used to be a neat trick in my ute pulling the shifter back to 1st at high speed, it would immediately drop to 2nd gear until about 40km/h and then would compression slide dropping into 1st although I did a have a shift kit and a 3500rpm high stall converter in it.

Yep, the THM350 is the same in that regard, as is the 4L60 and 4L80-E

Not uncommon to see them swapped out to a manual, they were all only a 4 speed manual until the ZF6 came along in 1989. The 4L60 auto was in use from 82-93, when it switched to the 4L60-E.

They never came with a 304, all small blocks in Corvettes were 350ci from 69 up til 96, the LS1 was 346ci, and only the California delivered 1980 was a 305, there was 3,221 of those made. Could not have the base 350 or the optional L82 350 in California due to emissions requirements.

I had a 3,200 stall 9" torque converter in my '94 Corvette, it was a bit of a monster once it was all done.

• 2 weeks later...
Drivon from brisbane to adelaide. I think I jave a noisy wheel bearing... :(0a6567b13610f6d2511a8eaf8ee05f58.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Absolutely beautiful!

Is it an original sandman, or replica?

I helped my father in law do up a replica in the same colour scheme, yellow with blue graphics. Converted dash / steering wheel to GTS. I mainly done wiring stuff and helped him sand down etc. he done all the hard work.

Ill try and track down a photo of it somewhere. Someone ended up coming up to him at a service station offering to buy it and he ended up selling it. Now he has a VB SLE and a 61 XK ute. Uncle still has a HQ Statesman almost completely original

Im from a younger age group and have a VY SS and my weekender is an Evo 5

• 4 months later...

IMG_8336.thumb.jpg.3b456c03e2d0e4ad5615ac272e5b85f6.jpg

I did a quick road trip from Newcastle to South Australia in the Troopy back in 2015 .

Fitted 3 pinball machines in it (one widebody ) , took this pic in the middle of nowhere , felt good .

• 4 weeks later...

Bikes are my love, but i have a Rodeo 4wd extra cab for getting round the bush.

I also have a Chevrolet Corvair rampside.

corvair15.jpg.2f4230fd3b07809fa6d0894a8c179a2a.jpg

corvair29.jpg.30f3c0d3ddf674d05fcc0fdb663c8340.jpg

Bikes;

bike2.jpg.0f959002778af19b8fcf30634646b2f5.jpg

Yamaha XT250 (trail bikes are new to me and a painfull learning experience)

Then my 1098 Ducati superbike, the Harley Rocker C and finally my old (unregistered now) Moto Guzzi Lemans MkIV 1000cc.

Just lost my reply i think....

You mean put a tire on the trail bike?

I bought it new late last year and it has good Bridgestones on it, all rounders i'm sure.

I ride the tar for 5k's or so on the way into the state forest from here but it's often 15 mins on tar on the way back depending where i end up.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that truck (corvair) is something special [emoji7]

Thanks mate, i'll post some morte pics of The Dragon Wagon when i have a minute.

Some more pics of the Corvair, it's a 61 model with a 64 model 140hp motor and 4 speed box in it from a corvair monza.

Rear mount air cooled flat 6 cylinder.

corvair3.jpg.d2208c5e6b24d1e6f3de8b61d31b6644.jpg

corvair30.jpg.6a55bb382639ad7fdba7470df5e7d129.jpg

corvair27.jpg.44401ddbe37f54d8d6a3f904e8d761b4.jpg

Only ever shown it once at the Cheverot Nationals in Mudgee where it won it's class somehow. They only ever made 10,000 of them all up, so pretty rare in Australia.

A hundo I hope ��

Yep - best short term investment ever. Had the car for 3 years. 40k profit. I didn't use it enough to justify having it.

Put the money on my home loan and bought some arcade machines. :)

Yep - best short term investment ever. Had the car for 3 years. 40k profit. I didn't use it enough to justify having it.

Put the money on my home loan and bought some arcade machines. :)

More power to ya, awesome

• 2 weeks later...
Absolutely beautiful!

Is it an original sandman, or replica?

I helped my father in law do up a replica in the same colour scheme, yellow with blue graphics. Converted dash / steering wheel to GTS. I mainly done wiring stuff and helped him sand down etc. he done all the hard work.

Ill try and track down a photo of it somewhere. Someone ended up coming up to him at a service station offering to buy it and he ended up selling it. Now he has a VB SLE and a 61 XK ute. Uncle still has a HQ Statesman almost completely original

Im from a younger age group and have a VY SS and my weekender is an Evo 5

Sorry for late reply. 99% sure its a Replica. Great cars had a bit of a history in it

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk