Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - XI Game 5 : Time Pilot 84 (Set 1)

Slightly weak sequel to a brilliant original, never saw TP '84 in an arcade or played it, but all the old Time Pilot skills are still very applicable.

One of the main problems (for me) over the stark, plain sky-backgrounds of the original, is they used textured backgrounds in this game, they confuse + muddy things further, especially when you add in much more/types of enemies, + the added guided-missile game mechanic.

Also the motherships all look the same and are too easy to kill.

Still... it's not a bad game overall. Hope to get more time tomorrow to try and do better.

Trivia: I noticed the high score table has the model names of motorbikes as the default high scores :cool: Probably of no interest to anyone except me :)

Slightly weak sequel to a brilliant original, never saw TP '84 in an arcade or played it, but all the old Time Pilot skills are still very applicable.

One of the main problems (for me) over the stark, plain sky-backgrounds of the original, is they used textured backgrounds in this game, they confuse + muddy things further, especially when you add in much more/types of enemies, + the added guided-missile game mechanic.

Also the motherships all look the same and are too easy to kill.

Still... it's not a bad game overall. Hope to get more time tomorrow to try and do better.

Trivia: I noticed the high score table has the model names of motorbikes as the default high scores :cool: Probably of no interest to anyone except me :)

You beat my score by 200 points :realmad: Will have to go back for another few rounds:lol

You beat my score by 200 points :realmad: Will have to go back for another few rounds:lol

ha haaa, cool, I hadn't noticed :D I wanted to play more this arvo but it's freezing cold in my garage now.. brrrrr

I think this is better than the original, which is great, but I find it a bit sparse and samey after awhile. The sequel has more to keep me interested, hidden specials and more variety. Once you get in the zone it can be good fun :)

Just starting to get warmed up, but have not got much more play time left so I had better post this in case I forget and miss out. Still a fair way to go to my PB which is 355k.

0006.png.d8afbf51ca1b4297f4d64c447c42257c.png

I think this is better than the original, which is great, but I find it a bit sparse and samey after awhile.

Im gonna have to disagree. This version lacks the " Time Pilot" quirky, spiny feel imo. To me it has more of a Raiden 360 feel to it. I think they really lost the direction of the original Time pilot with this. It just has way too much happening, without a lot of thought to gameplay. I think the original Time pilot was kick ass because it was smooth, simple and a challenge at the same time.

As i said before, i like this game....but it aint Time Pilot anymore:( Just my thoughts of course:cool:

tp840002.png.86320a0e5107da9d7c7f3bada9bee3c0.png

Edited by wingtipvortex

Easily my favourite game so far.

Edit: Much prefer getting the two easier silver ships rather then the last 2 types. the balls arn't too bad as long as I'm paying attention and just running but the ones before kill me everytime. Think I got most of the secrets on this one, the 2 different formations of the original Time Pilot ships (stage 1 and 4 or 5, flying along the main road) and one free man on level two but I think there's at least one more.

Only thing I really avoid are the tank formations, they're worth 8k as well but way harder then anything else imo. Great Game :D.

tp84-243300.png.88148288d8a96de1666f4f15b57b1a3d.png

Edited by Taverner

Easily my favourite game so far.

Just to let you know mate, when updating score edit/update your first score post.

That way DK doesn't have to sift through multliple scores...

Great to see another player from the west in the MGL :cool:

• Super Moderator

no score for me, away for work. But I seemed to be whipping through the levels but my score sucked. must have kept missing the bonus waves

Posted via Mobile Device

I started a bit of point pressing on the first couple of stages tonight and managed over 100,000 after stage 2.

But then I lost my mojo on the later levels as I was more used to dodging than shooting :rolleyes

A few things I found in the game.

Waiting for the squadrons and getting the easy 3000 points plus finding the hidden 5000 point bonus's

Also the squadron that comes out in a group of five ships from the original Time Pilot (nice touch :cool:) that gives you 8000.

You also get 500 points per silver enemy and a small cluster of them is a couple of thousand points.

Also shooting the silver enemies doesn't bring out the mother ship, so you can stay on a level as long as you like, don't shoot to many of the other ships ;)

There is also an extra man in the same spot on level 2 ( original Timepilot biplane )

Twice went over 195,000 but to fall short of 200,000 and the extra man :x I have a bit of a bad habit of looking at my score when I get close to an extra man which usually results in me losing a man :x

Rubbish score haha, it's all I could muster - Haven't had much time to play these last few games but this one was a real good one so I gave it a shot tonight to try and get some points in. :P

Just figured out how to score well also. Got over 50k in Stage 1 once! I'll def be playing this more in the future.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g244/spl_photo/games/tp840001.png

MGL - XI

Game 5 Results

Game 5 is officially over

Thanks to those who participated and submitted scores

Results for Game 5: Time Pilot 84 (Set 1)

1. Ramere 385,800

25 points

2. Rat 259,100

20 points

3. Taverner 243,300

16 points

4. DKong 197,100

13 points

5. Jammasized 174,600

11 points

6. kane 133,400

10 points