Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MGL - XI Game 5 : Time Pilot 84 (Set 1)

State
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wahh the controls on this game are so hard! I keep moving the wrong way all the time.. Made it to Stage 2 so far haha.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1434 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKong View Post
    Easy Street Fighter II is wayyyy better than Street Fighter
    Hey yeah, was never into the Arcade fighters myself but I guess the sheer numbers of sequels like Mortal Kombat, KOF, SF, series etc do get better and better as they go. The only fighting games I played much were on consoles ie Tekken series on the PS1 and Killer Instinct on the SNES (Go Jago/Orchid), great party games when you had a crowd around your place

State
    Perth
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just keep going around in circles until I smash into something. There gets to a point where there's just way too much going on for me to concentrate. I also spent the last week playing Mario on the DS so that could explain it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cartman.tmw; 27th June 2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Update score

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)

Nice game, but I prefer Time Pilot '82. My brain can't handle shooting dots and missiles at the same time...
    Last edited by kane; 28th June 2010 at 04:30 PM.

State
    Tasfunkia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    261 Post(s)
    Not a bad game, but way to much going on for me, in a bad way This has nothing on the fun factor of the original Time Pilot. Seems to me they have made a great game into a good game with unnecessary stress Still, i'm enjoying being whupped by it

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1434 Post(s)

Slightly weak sequel to a brilliant original, never saw TP '84 in an arcade or played it, but all the old Time Pilot skills are still very applicable.

One of the main problems (for me) over the stark, plain sky-backgrounds of the original, is they used textured backgrounds in this game, they confuse + muddy things further, especially when you add in much more/types of enemies, + the added guided-missile game mechanic.

Also the motherships all look the same and are too easy to kill.

Still... it's not a bad game overall. Hope to get more time tomorrow to try and do better.

Trivia: I noticed the high score table has the model names of motorbikes as the default high scores Probably of no interest to anyone except me

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    Slightly weak sequel to a brilliant original, never saw TP '84 in an arcade or played it, but all the old Time Pilot skills are still very applicable.

One of the main problems (for me) over the stark, plain sky-backgrounds of the original, is they used textured backgrounds in this game, they confuse + muddy things further, especially when you add in much more/types of enemies, + the added guided-missile game mechanic.

Also the motherships all look the same and are too easy to kill.

Still... it's not a bad game overall. Hope to get more time tomorrow to try and do better.

Trivia: I noticed the high score table has the model names of motorbikes as the default high scores Probably of no interest to anyone except me

You beat my score by 200 points Will have to go back for another few rounds

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1434 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKong View Post
    You beat my score by 200 points Will have to go back for another few rounds
    ha haaa, cool, I hadn't noticed I wanted to play more this arvo but it's freezing cold in my garage now.. brrrrr

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)

I think this is better than the original, which is great, but I find it a bit sparse and samey after awhile. The sequel has more to keep me interested, hidden specials and more variety. Once you get in the zone it can be good fun

Just starting to get warmed up, but have not got much more play time left so I had better post this in case I forget and miss out. Still a fair way to go to my PB which is 355k.

State
    Tasfunkia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    261 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    I think this is better than the original, which is great, but I find it a bit sparse and samey after awhile.
    Im gonna have to disagree. This version lacks the " Time Pilot" quirky, spiny feel imo. To me it has more of a Raiden 360 feel to it. I think they really lost the direction of the original Time pilot with this. It just has way too much happening, without a lot of thought to gameplay. I think the original Time pilot was kick ass because it was smooth, simple and a challenge at the same time.

As i said before, i like this game....but it aint Time Pilot anymore Just my thoughts of course
    Last edited by wingtipvortex; 27th June 2010 at 07:50 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information