State
    Newcastle, NSW
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Screenshot question

Hi guys,

Just found this little comp, looks awesome and I'm keen to jump in soon (don't expect me to be any good though!).

Quick question, do we have to take a screenshot in a certain way for it to be acceptable for the competition, or is the standard MAME "F12" snap acceptable?

Reason I ask is that I'm planning on joining in from my cab, and want to be able to set up a button (or button combo) with a Jpac to easily take screenshots, which I'll then drag off via a wireless network connection. If a F12 screenshot is acceptable, it'll make things a lot easier .

(Just out of interest - how many of you play from a computer compared to from a cab, and of those, how many use keyboard instead of a joystick?)

Cheers

Kev
    "And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside,
    far above the clouds, and nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sounds of Tubular Bells"

State
    190 Yorktown Road, Craigmore SA
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    The first 3 games I played on a PC using the keyboard. I did play the 3rd game a few times on the arcade with joystick, but found had better scores with the keyboard, so continued with that game.

On the keyboard I just hit the "Print screen" button and then paste it.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1428 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    Hi guys,

Just found this little comp, looks awesome and I'm keen to jump in soon (don't expect me to be any good though!).

Quick question, do we have to take a screenshot in a certain way for it to be acceptable for the competition, or is the standard MAME "F12" snap acceptable?

Reason I ask is that I'm planning on joining in from my cab, and want to be able to set up a button (or button combo) with a Jpac to easily take screenshots, which I'll then drag off via a wireless network connection. If a F12 screenshot is acceptable, it'll make things a lot easier .

(Just out of interest - how many of you play from a computer compared to from a cab, and of those, how many use keyboard instead of a joystick?)

Cheers

Kev
    Welcome to the best Classic Arcade comp in Australia, Kev!

I usually play on my xxxx-in-1 cabinet and take a picture with my phone... except for games that aren't on my cab by default. (like the latest game..)

Enjoy the fun!

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Mame cab for me, I've just been using mame snaps and no-ones lynched me yet.

State
    Newcastle, NSW
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Good to hear.

Do you have a special button or key combo, or just use a keyboard?
    "And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside,
    far above the clouds, and nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sounds of Tubular Bells"

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    When I used to do the comps, the F12 method was always accepted without any qualms.

I played on my MAME cab which had a keyboard tucked away in a drawer. I played on arcade joystick and buttons, and then reached in and hit F12 for a snapshot. With a KeyWiz or iPac you could easily map a macro to be F12 (say like hold P2 start + P2 button 6 to take a snap, or something).

State
    murray bridge
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just use F12 and playing on a pc with a control panel

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I have to open the door and plug a keyboard in so I get a lot of use out of a shift button. I just set the ipac so that shift and one of p1's buttons takes the snap.

State
    Tasfunkia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    261 Post(s)
    Pic by Snap, phone or camera of any kind is accepted Kev, also put your score in the "title" as well Welcome to MGL mate!

State
    Newcastle, NSW
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Cool, sounds good. My philosophy with a MAME machine is that you should never have to touch a keyboard, or lose the "arcade experience" so I'll just hook up a button shift combo for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information