Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: MGL - XI Game 4 : Alex Kidd The Lost Stars

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    State
    Tasmania
    Posts
    4,227
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1272 Post(s)

    10,000,000,000infinity++++++++++and more

    Ahhhhhhh....woooooooo....shit fight, slap you cheat eat fight shit, boss is away boys will play

    I got 10,000,000,000infinity++++++++++and more

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    State
    190 Yorktown Road, Craigmore SA
    Posts
    2,785
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    Ahhhhhhh....woooooooo....shit fight, slap you cheat eat fight shit, boss is away boys will play

    I got 10,000,000,000infinity++++++++++and more
    So....................What are we drinking tonight, hmm?

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    State
    Tasmania
    Posts
    4,227
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1272 Post(s)
    Wine Mr Smarty Gameroom, and it's all gone, you can't have any, I don't have to share if i don't want

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    State
    WA
    Posts
    908
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)
    I can't get into this one at all, hard to believe the character was the Sega mascot!

    Mame description sums it up well 'A platform game'.

    Roll on game 5.....

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    State
    wa
    Posts
    1,080
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Took a break from trying to get a score and tried to play through it on continues. Imo stages 1 and 2 and learnable, so is the first half of stage 3 but the second half just gets bizarrely hard. Then we get to swimming in stage 4 and you move soo slowly that I'm sure there are areas where it's not even possible to not die and that's where I stopped. Maybe it'd get easier with enough replays but still I must have been well on my way to 100 credits and there's 2 more stages before you get to do the whole thing again only harder .

    I always like to think a game is beatable, like Ghost and Goblins I'm never going to finish it but I do know it is possible. I'm not sure about this one though, if anyone can get through 4 stages by Monday you're a more dedicated gamer than me..... or just better .

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2009
    State
    NSW
    Posts
    6,144
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1405 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taverner View Post
    Took a break from trying to get a score and tried to play through it on continues. Imo stages 1 and 2 and learnable, so is the first half of stage 3 but the second half just gets bizarrely hard. Then we get to swimming in stage 4 and you move soo slowly that I'm sure there are areas where it's not even possible to not die and that's where I stopped. Maybe it'd get easier with enough replays but still I must have been well on my way to 100 credits and there's 2 more stages before you get to do the whole thing again only harder .

    I always like to think a game is beatable, like Ghost and Goblins I'm never going to finish it but I do know it is possible. I'm not sure about this one though, if anyone can get through 4 stages by Monday you're a more dedicated gamer than me..... or just better .
    Well analysed and I totally agree, this game just stops being remotely playable during Level 3. I'm not sure I will be giving it any more time as I've ceased having fun with this one..

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    State
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,194
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    If you are finding this game too easy, try out the clone rom "alexkid1". It's much harder if you can believe it!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    State
    wa
    Posts
    1,080
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Please tell me that's the one I've been playing so far .


    This is probably a dumb question but how do I check the rom name without having to open the rom file? Is there somewhere within the game menus (or mala) that I can check. But I definitely am playing the right rom up till now, shame that.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    State
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,194
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    The ass-wiggling zombie from level 3 cracked me up, so he has a new home as my avatar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taverner View Post
    how do I check the rom name without having to open the rom file?
    Never used mala, there are only 2 Alex Kidd romsets,
    Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars (set 2, unprotected) = alexkidd.zip
    Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars (set 1, FD1089A 317-0021) = alexkidd1.zip

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    State
    wa
    Posts
    1,080
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)


    Then I have been playing the wrong rom, been playing set 1.

    Will definitely have to figure out how to check the roms then, I assumed that the order would be the same as the rom file, so set 1= alexkidd and set 2 = alexkidd1.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. MGL 11 Game Nominations
    By DKong in forum The M.A.M.E Gaming League
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 24th May 2010, 09:42 PM
  2. MGL - X Game 11 : Amidar
    By DKong in forum MGL Tournament X
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 16th March 2010, 01:28 PM
  3. MGL - X Game 8: Bomb Jack (Set 1) (Tehkan)
    By DKong in forum MGL Tournament X
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 1st March 2010, 08:26 PM
  4. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 18th January 2010, 08:54 PM
  5. Tech word
    By CRAZED in forum Arcade Technical and Repair Questions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11th April 2007, 11:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •